Yellow | YRCW-TNFINC Contract Negotiations Update 12-21-18

It’s nice having the option to retire but I won’t do them any favors. This management can’t pay attention needless to say a raise. I’m not getting anymore in retirement so i do a quarter of what I use to do. We put a million miles on a clutch and never leave the yard. I watch people retire with more money than me and I have been here 8 to 10 years longer. Screw Yrc and Hoffa prime example of thief’s and age discrimination. Suck what you can till the end it won’t be much longer.

im not sure anyone can make a 1/2 filled pup last all night but i sure try every night.. goal for 19 is to not move a single pallet at night just ride around. bad enough we get yelled at for sweeping dock or trailer out we are told we dont have time for that..

What an attitude. I just hope you had a vasectomy when you were a teenager. Wouldn't want to have more around that think like you.

Don’t get mad get even let’s all leave together. I did what’s right for 33 years now they say I’m not old enough we will take half.
Ok I know how to play that game. You need to man up.

Don’t get mad get even let’s all leave together. I did what’s right for 33 years now they say I’m not old enough we will take half.
Ok I know how to play that game. You need to man up.

Get even? With who? You're sabotaging the job and harming all the Teamsters still working and hoping the company will survive. What a guy. That's what you call being a man? Not the way I see it.

I'm not doing them a favor retiring.
Its gonna take two new chuckles to do what I know to do instinctively.
From all the years of experience.
Now I hate to brag. But anyone can move freight from trailer to trailer.
But to do it right and not damage stuff and do it in a timely manner.
Well. I've seen what new people do.
But they don't have incentive to do any better than what they are doing.
So be it. Yrc is death by ******* They did it to themselves. No hiring for eight years and experienced people leaving.

b1a8c21297658b9da25aecd000d2e385.jpg

What an attitude. I just hope you had a vasectomy when you were a teenager. Wouldn't want to have more around that think like you.
I agree ! This attitude has (and will ) drag YRC down . If and when YRC closes and you go to work for a non union LTL carrier it will be a cold and somber reality check . They don't play games , and you will produce or hit the curb . Been there after lay offs .

take a long look around you at your terminal. what do you see ? you see decay from a lack of investment into the most important customer the company has, its employees. forklifts, pallet jacks, load bars, trucks, property everything is worn out into submission and yet they will offer us a pittance of a salary increase and the sheep will take it. have some pride in yourself and be willing to say enough is enough. 10 years of givebacks of your money into a black hole and no end in sight. our c suite managers make the most of anyone in transportation and no one is being fired for incompetence. stock down 80% on the year and debt at 900$ million. argue over 60 80 90 an hour raises but no one is looking at the entire picture and how far behind we are compared to our competitors in technology, equipment and manpower. you want to hire more people, pay isnt the only thing that matters. its the entirety of the product being offered. at our competitor estes who has a terminal in our back yard literally, they have heated docks.. heated docks !! we have doors that dont close and wont be repaired or replaced.
It's the yellow way. BK 1951

Sure a lot of new people on T.B.
It's simple: $4 per hour, 401k, same health insurance, and put vacation back.
If they don't, no one will be left, no one new will come....done
Minus off a couple weeks to vote and count votes, leaves 8 weeks or so.
Not much urgency from either side to get this done.
Why should we expect anything else?

Sure a lot of new people on T.B.
It's simple: $4 per hour, 401k, same health insurance, and put vacation back.
If they don't, no one will be left, no one new will come....done
Minus off a couple weeks to vote and count votes, leaves 8 weeks or so.
Not much urgency from either side to get this done.
Why should we expect anything else?
The parties are meeting this week. I haven’t heard anything yet. With you on $4/hr and a 401k contribution and vacation schedule restored. I think we’ll probably see something close to that

This situation reminds me of PIE , YRC has even copied the “vanishing point “ logo that they had .

Like Yogi Berra said “ It’s like deja vu all over again “

The parties are meeting this week. I haven’t heard anything yet. With you on $4/hr and a 401k contribution and vacation schedule restored. I think we’ll probably see something close to that
Do you mean $4 and hour over the life of the contract? Or $4 and hour right away?

This isn’t a reflection of what I want, but IMO there is zero chance of us getting $4 an hour day 1. Maybe over the life of the contract, but not day one. And just as info, a 4% raise at the current hourly rate = about .89 cents per hour.