XPO | Zero Emissions Truck ( hydrogen / electric)

Lol. It's just free publicity for Pepsi.

This is the biggest order since Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled the heavy-duty semi-truck in a splashy event Nov. 16 outside of Los Angeles. PepsiCo joins a growing list of companies, including Walmart, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, and Michigan-based grocery chain Meijer that have pre-ordered the semi-truck. Musk said during an unveiling of the truck that reserving a Semi costs $5,000.

- FORTUNE.com

For Pepsi to reserve 100 semis would have been $500,000 dollars. Not exactly free publicity.

UPS reserves 125 Tesla semi-trucks, largest public pre-order yet

The Tesla trucks will cost around $200,000 each for a total order of about $25 million. UPS expects the semi-trucks, the big rigs that haul freight along America’s highways, will have a lower total cost of ownership than conventional vehicles, which run at about $120,000.

- Reuters

UPS reserves 125 Tesla semi-trucks, largest public pre-order yet

The Tesla trucks will cost around $200,000 each for a total order of about $25 million. UPS expects the semi-trucks, the big rigs that haul freight along America’s highways, will have a lower total cost of ownership than conventional vehicles, which run at about $120,000.

- Reuters
Given that UPS actually takes delivery of these trucks, I don't see how they run the road with no chargers in place at truck stops.

Given that UPS actually takes delivery of these trucks, I don't see how they run the road with no chargers in place at truck stops.

Hard to say how they will be used. UPS also bought a bunch of the propane fueled rigs. They will vet any resource to ensure that they are using the most profitable equipment.

Hard to say how they will be used. UPS also bought a bunch of the propane fueled rigs. They will vet any resource to ensure that they are using the most profitable equipment.
Compressed Natural Gas vehicles, not propane that I’m aware of. They installed fueling capability before or during taking delivery.

Last edited:
Compressed Natural Gas vehicles, not propane that I’m aware of. They installed fueling capability before or during taking delivery.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. CNG. And they will do the same with the electric. UPS is very good about finding all the faults and sorting out the best business option. If they go all in on electrics, everyone will. If they don't, neither will any one else.

They laughed at the Roadster. They laughed at the Model S. They laughed when he said he was going to build rockets, solar panels and batteries. He’s laughing all the way to the bank.

That dude can pull some ::shit:: off , can't he ? Well, the future looks bright. Hitch me up, we're heading to Mars !

This is the biggest order since Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled the heavy-duty semi-truck in a splashy event Nov. 16 outside of Los Angeles. PepsiCo joins a growing list of companies, including Walmart, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, and Michigan-based grocery chain Meijer that have pre-ordered the semi-truck. Musk said during an unveiling of the truck that reserving a Semi costs $5,000.

- FORTUNE.com

For Pepsi to reserve 100 semis would have been $500,000 dollars. Not exactly free publicity.

Tesla first started taking reservations with a $5,000 deposit per truck, but has changed the listed deposit price last week to $20,000 for a“base reservation” of the production version and the full $200,000 for the “Founders Series” truck.

This change could mean that Tesla is receiving higher than expected demand for the vehicle and the company wants to prioritize more serious customers that are willing to put down more money upfront to secure a place in line.

-electrek

That dude can pull some :::shit::: off , can't he ? Well, the future looks bright. Hitch me up, we're heading to Mars !
Yes he can. Look at all the work he’s doing to get power back to the people of Peurto Rico.
Granted the Model 3 hasn’t launched as well as planned, but I’d never bet against him. In fact, I put my money where my mouth is and I own Tesla stock.

Tesla will burn through all its money and go bankrupt before they build these semis. Do they even have a working unit that can pull a loaded trailer? Where are they going to build the semis? They're having trouble just building the model 3, and even if they were able to ramp up production significantly, they're losing money on every one they make.

First Tesla Semis Leave Factory With Loads

z4W3uJS.jpg

Laden with heavy batteries, the trucks will make their way from 4,400ft in altitude at Sparks to 7,200ft at the place where I-80 crosses Donner Summit, before the trucks ride the route down to sea level. On the return trip, when the electric trucks have to gain 7,200 ft in altitude, they'll be empty and lighter.

The route is also roughly 240 miles each way—a round-trip journey would come in just under the 500 miles of range that the trucks supposedly have.

arstechnica.com

The Tesla Semi Truck

2019 was when it was supposed to enter into production.

This video basically says the battery will weigh so much that the Tesla Semi Truck will only be able to haul between 3 to 9 tons.