TForce | Zero tolerance of profanity at the terminals?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Well I signed for my books,and glanced through them at the terminal.
The outbound dock guys were cussing each other out as they always do every night.

The shift supervisor was on the dock when I opened my trailer door to put my pallet jack,and hand cart away.

I was just being funny so I said new rules no profanity any more.

The supervisor which I've heared cuss up a storm in times past says thats right. UPS doesn't want any profanity spoken anywhere when we'er on duty.

So I said gee theres only going to be two guys left at our terminal.
Me,and another Apostolic Pentecostal Born Again Christian that drives local.

Time will tell,except for us two drivers everyone else including my terminal manager
have been known to use cuss words to express themselves most of the time.

Some how I don't think this is a rule that will be enforced.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

As well as a lot of the rules.....I think it's going to be a big change for some people to realize you are working for a company and not a group of friends. The TM are going to be the one's responsible for upholding the "Laws"....if they don't and UPS will notice.....don't look for them to be around long after...

falcon465 said:
As well as a lot of the rules.....I think it's going to be a big change for some people to realize you are working for a company and not a group of friends. The TM are going to be the one's responsible for upholding the "Laws"....if they don't and UPS will notice.....don't look for them to be around long after...
Don't tease me, with all this!!!! Not that I like to see anyone lose their job, but some people think way to highly of themselves. And are usually quite abusive. :chairshot:

Well as I always said thruout my 35 years of trucking , It's better to work with rules than without them.Things will change.Might take some people longer than others but they will change.If not theres always Estes and others to go to.Just look at the rules around other companys.these rules really aren't out of line with the way most business 's are headed anyway.America has become a country of rude people.I think its time we changed a little..

Apostolic said:
The outbound dock guys were cussing each other out as they always do every night.

The shift supervisor was on the dock when I opened my trailer door to put my pallet jack,and hand cart away.

The supervisor which I've heared cuss up a storm in times past says thats right. UPS doesn't want any profanity spoken anywhere when we'er on duty.

Time will tell,except for us two drivers everyone else including my terminal manager

can't blame it all on the individual,it's a very stressful/crazy business,and gets the better of the best of us at times
:duh: :bigmouth: :cuss: :maddance3: sounds like we got the same kind of terminal manager,ours is an arrogant dope,and got a feeling him,and inbound dispatcher,won't be around long,like to slam phones down on customers/hang up on em,tell them 'what they are going to do',not what the company is going to do for them.also talk snooty & snotty to customers.

Apostolic said:

is it really in the BOOK,,??? give me chapter and verse,,new testament or old?? i really have not even looked at my rule book yet,,

greezy trucker said:
Don't tease me, with all this!!!! Not that I like to see anyone lose their job, but some people think way to highly of themselves. And are usually quite abusive.
YOU MEAN[AKA]SH..TCANNING YOU,RIGHT,BROTHER?
:bowdown: :maddance3: :hide: :sadwavey,P.S,YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE 'THINK HIGHLY OF THEMSELVES' crowd,funny/unfunny thing is,their the T/M'S best bud's,no more,dummies.

While I was loading my truck, a skid spilled on me. I cussed and I was quickly reprimanded for it! First time - 2x more and I'm fired (whew) - I'll see you guys in truck heaven when I'm gone - noone is going to back me on my verbal misconduct. At least when I'm gone I'll have a great driving record. My lips are sealed - the brotherhood is coming to rescue me! I hope I can make without cursing - how long do think it will take!

There isn't anything in the rules that I read.
I was just joking with our outbound supervisor.
But he didn't receive my comments as being funny.
He barked back at me really serious,that I was right.
He said UPS won't put up with any off color words spoken,in anger,or fun.

I was kind of shocked by his reponce,seeing he's really spewed some real dussies when he gets upset.

I hope for the sake of most of my co-workers this isn't going to be another case of do what I say,but not what I do.Coming from our authority figures.

May the Lord direct your path,it works for me.

Apostolic said:
There isn't anything in the rules that I read.
I was just joking with our outbound supervisor.
But he didn't receive my comments as being funny.
He barked back at me really serious,that I was right.
He said UPS won't put up with any off color words spoken,in anger,or fun.

I was kind of shocked by his reponce,seeing he's really spewed some real dussies when he gets upset.

I hope for the sake of most of my co-workers this isn't going to be another case of do what I say,but not what I do.Coming from our authority figures.

May the Lord direct your path,it works for me.
Apostolic, Did you know that at any given time, a clerk or manager/supervisor is not allowed to have more than five things on there desk? Another rule instituted by Brown. No more clutter. Ask them. This is only the begining for their beatings too. I'm sure your supervisor is barking about that too. :biglaugh:

hugnlug said:
Apostolic, Did you know that at any given time, a clerk or manager/supervisor is not allowed to have more than five things on there desk? Another rule instituted by Brown. No more clutter. Ask them. This is only the begining for their beatings too. I'm sure your supervisor is barking about that too:
would'nt surprise me,is anyone else?:Bondage: :surprised: :surprised: :hide: