Yellow | zollars at Baird industrial conference

maverick1983

TB Lurker
Credits
In webcast today Zollars used an example of how cuts were to be made at terminals. The example he used was wichata terminal where he said there were 20 yellow and 20 roadway p&d drivers. After the merger he said they would only need 25 total drivers. That's about a 38% reduction if my math is correct. All I can say is stand by for major force reductions. Check out the link. YRC Worldwide- Event Details

38 percent reduction in dues and monies be payed into pension and welfare fund the unemploymant will give us crumbs to feed us here in south carolina the max is 350 dollars a week. Maybe we can get a bailout from the govermant heck the ibt was supporting obama for presidant maybe he will remember us

well looking at the facts presented by zollars we can thank the great contract sold to us last year with making this possible. He also highlights the fact that the labor loss will come with no severance meaning basically your layed off till you go away.with a 40% reduction in equipment there is not much use hanging around waiting for the phone to ring. Heck since we will be losing 9-10 of the Junior men in our integration that sort and segregate floor and slip sheet loads.Ttheir is gonna be a lot more back injury claims with these silver haired men who haven't worked the dock or been off the forklift in years. Oh and hooking sets after being on the street for 10 hours, all I can say is what a disappointment in the IBT and Roadway

After listening to Z on the Web Cast, it sounds like here in KC, that there will be a line drawn and every thing east of the line will be Yellow and every thing west of the line will be Roadway. What do you think?

Mustache:smilie_132:

YRC Worldwide- Event Details

Thats not at all what I read.
This is one of the places that Zollars has used as an example of what happens when 2 terminals of equal size are sharing the same area and both are operating at a capacity that would make a merge to one unacceptable. He left very clear diagrams on this one.
The line would seperate the operating area of the 2 terminals and both would operate as YRC terminals in thier own assigned areas.
Very simple! This way the routes of each terminal would not overlap each other!