Yellow | Zollars Economics

yrcobserver

TB Lurker
Credits
As seperate companies Yellow and Roadway made about $40 million each in their last year.
THATS $80 million combined.
Bill Z says $150 million more per year in "synergy savings"
THATS $230 million a year total.
10% pay cut saves $200 million s year.
THATS $430 million a year total.
pension and another 5% adds a whopping $350 million a year.
Thats $780 million a year profit.
Or, with Bill's magic touch, a $700 million loss so far this year.
I know we are in terrible economic times, but still, Bill Zollars AND the fool who was YRC's "Chief merger officer" should both be out on there rears with a big ole boot print on em as well!

Dan Churay is the fool and chief architect of the mergers and acquisitions of Roadway and USF - General Counsel of YRC. Problem now is that many who have been laid off are now filing work comp claims (bogus and not bogus) and we now have $400 Million in costs for all of the work comp claims across all of the operating companies. ($30 Million charge just for last quarter). Add to that whatever liability claims, damage claims, cargo claims, freight disappearing off of the dock, etc. and all of that profit is gone.

As seperate companies Yellow and Roadway made about $40 million each in their last year.
I know we are in terrible economic times, but still, Bill Zollars AND the fool who was YRC's "Chief merger officer" should both be out on there rears with a big ole boot print on em as well!

Manages make mistakes!However,Mr Zollars is in the best position to solve them.they happen under his watch and he knows them first hand and how to solve them!

LETS GIVE'EM ANTHOR 15% SO WE CAN STILL HAVE A JOB AND WON'T GO BANKRUPT!!!:Flame-On:

I feel ya man!So many people have very hard for this company,everything must be done to save! If the IBT and
Central States would allow it,i would come out of retirement
and work f them for nothing!

I guessed a 200 million for the 2nd quarter loss.........Now sadly i think Labor day is our fate just as CF was...a cruel irony...I sit here looking for jobs and filling out a resume with 20 years shot down the drain....Management doesn't have a plan to discuss with labor and just seems to be staring all the time.No plan from the ivory towers just the same old rhetoric and no massive restructuring of management or positions,An enormous ratio of non-essental(management and non-labor intensive)versus actual workers.Very sad to even type more sad to read it in type.Alot of good hardworking men and women hanging on for the inevitable.

but they need all those forman to run around and say HEY lets keep the talking down and ohhhhhh come on guys lets take and come back from breaks on time. god forbid we get them for a couple minutes . after all they are screwing me out of 20 years.

I guessed a 200 million for the 2nd quarter loss.........Now sadly i think Labor day is our fate just as CF was...a cruel irony...I sit here looking for jobs and filling out a resume with 20 years shot down the drain....Management doesn't have a plan to discuss with labor and just seems to be staring all the time.No plan from the ivory towers just the same old rhetoric and no massive restructuring of management or positions,An enormous ratio of non-essental(management and non-labor intensive)versus actual workers.Very sad to even type more sad to read it in type.Alot of good hardworking men and women hanging on for the inevitable.

From the song "Youngstown" by Bruce Springsteen:

"Well my daddy come on the Ohio works
When he come home from World War Two
Now the yard's just scrap and rubble
He said Those big boys did what ಠ▄ಠ couldn't do."

I WILL ONLY BELIEVE IT, IF IT HAPPENS! iF THEY HAVE TO FILE,THEY STILL CAN COME BACK!

I completely agree with the fact that YRC is an extremely poorly managed company and the path they have taken over the years has been terrible... But I also believe to have any chance to address those problems, we must find a way to survive... Frankly, it put a smile on my face to see a union representative on the board of directors as part of the concession package...

You gotta keep the faith man! its not over til its over!

fat-lady-warning.jpg

That was when they went after the Steelworkers Union. Then they went after the UAW and Teamsters. You see where we all are today.