Yellow | Zollars Economics

fat-lady-warning.jpg

Animo916, I totally agree, I hear her tuning up in the background and she is getting louder every day.:clap:

One can still hope and pray for a different outcome.
Doing one's job to the best of their abilities, instead of slacking off
or b*tching to every Tom, Dick, and Harry they meet.

Animo916, I totally agree, I hear her tuning up in the background and she is getting louder every day.:clap: :annoyed:

They shot the fat bastard*. She will never sing again. After all the vote passes there will be massive recalls :greedy: for the economic comeback in 2010 :shades:

That was when they went after the Steelworkers Union. Then they went after the UAW and Teamsters. You see where we all are today.

And now they are sitting back watching us argue with each other and laughing. We need to stick together do, do our jobs (the right way) and stop crying. We can get through this if we work together.

The economics of it was never a problem until now. Roadway always borrowed heavy to expand and they always expanded in a rapid way. Yellow dog was a twin and passed Roadway on the expansion crusade. Ironically I was out of work for two years in a recession that was almost as bad as this one when Roadway was looking for p+d drivers when they first became a transcontinental carrier in the late 70's> Lucky for me they were on the way up then. But they and Yellow had a lot of slow periods and often. I used to call for p/u's and a lot of times there were none. They had us come in and work outbound till your 8 hrs was up. It was always a roller coaster ride. The only difference is past recessions were never as long as this one :17::17::17::

The economics of it was never a problem until now. Roadway always borrowed heavy to expand and they always expanded in a rapid way. Yellow dog was a twin and passed Roadway on the expansion crusade. Ironically I was out of work for two years in a recession that was almost as bad as this one when Roadway was looking for p+d drivers when they first became a transcontinental carrier in the late 70's> Lucky for me they were on the way up then. But they and Yellow had a lot of slow periods and often. I used to call for p/u's and a lot of times there were none. They had us come in and work outbound till your 8 hrs was up. It was always a roller coaster ride. The only difference is past recessions were never as long as this one :17::17::17::

The only time I know of when Roadway borrowed money was to purchase New Penn and Arnold, which they later sold back. Roadway had a long proud tradition of having cash on hand and being debt free. Roadway Corp. was the cash cow of this whole fiasco, and once Roadway was bled dry, Yellow needed another victim to suck dry also. Yellow's problem is that they were always debt heavy, and made many bonehead purchases. The problem when you are the biggest fish in the sea is, no matter how big you are, if there's nothing left to eat, you will DIE!!!

The only time I know of when Roadway borrowed money was to purchase New Penn and Arnold, which they later sold back. Roadway had a long proud tradition of having cash on hand and being debt free. Roadway Corp. was the cash cow of this whole fiasco, and once Roadway was bled dry, Yellow needed another victim to suck dry also. Yellow's problem is that they were always debt heavy, and made many bonehead purchases. The problem when you are the biggest fish in the sea is, no matter how big you are, if there's nothing left to eat, you will DIE!!!

Guys! It is what it is! Lets deal with what is on the table at the moment!We need everybody on board to survive! Vote YES!

The only time I know of when
Roadway borrowed money was to purchase New Penn
and Arnold, which they later sold back. Roadway had a long proud tradition of having cash on hand and being debt free. Roadway Corp. was the cash cow of this whole fiasco,
and once Roadway was bled dry
, Yellow needed another victim to suck dry also. Yellow's problem is that they were always debt heavy, and made many bonehead purchases.
The problem when you are the biggest fish in the sea is, no matter how big you are, if there's nothing left to eat, you will DIE!!!

They sold Arnold but the reason Yellow bought Roadway is Roadway had enough debt from the New Penn buy. Yellow assumed that debt too. Then the USF buyout. A billion here and two billion there and a recession here and a culture clash there and a name change here and take two aspirins tonite if it still hurts in the morning call the doctor :hysterical::hysterical: Grow or die eh