Yellow | Zollars Replaced By Wicks as President of YRCW

Wicks - been with YRC for a year, came from United Health Care......I feel like we are in really good hands now! If they would have given it to Smid, who held just about every possible job with YFSY and was president of Roadway for a while that would have been good. But Wicks, I'm not sure about that?

SO...what's the big deal?...he still is the CEO and gets a check from YRCW...why get so excited?....KK
I'm probably reading more into it than it really is but the board voted to strip him of a title. Could it be a fracture in the facade?

Wicks - been with YRC for a year, came from United Health Care......I feel like we are in really good hands now! If they would have given it to Smid, who held just about every possible job with YFSY and was president of Roadway for a while that would have been good. But Wicks, I'm not sure about that?

Smid was not even a part of todays conference call. Makes me wonder?????

smid was part of the townhall meeting, and answered a couple of questions. if the article hadn't been in the kc business journal, i don't know if many people would've noticed bill isn't pres. they did introduce wicks as president at the townhall meeting, but those who noticed just thought it was a mistake, and i don't think most noticed at all. i would guess stripping bill of the title was done, in part, to satisfy lenders.

why should dollar bill care?...........he will still get millions and millions.........but the way i read this is he is still CEO period.....:TR10driving03:

Zollars Contract

I think BZ's contract is up on 12/31/2010. His contract was put in place in January, 2006.

Smid is still very important and plays an important role, but right now Wicks is both the financial mastermind and the driver. Nobody in OP is surprised by this move.

CO

correct me if I am wrong

Correct me if I am wrong. Doesn't the Chairman of the board get to nominate who the President of the company is? My point is that three dollar Bill is still at the helm. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but this is peeing on my parade and someone is trying to tell me it is raining.