Yellow | zollars retiring

MATTHEW123

TB Lurker
Credits
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Sept 28, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq: YRCW) announced today that William D. Zollars, chairman, president and chief executive officer, has informed the company's board of directors of his decision to retire from the company upon the successful completion of YRC Worldwide's comprehensive recovery plan. Zollars and the board have agreed that he will retain his current positions through the finalization of the process and until a new CEO is named.

"Upon the successful resolution of many of our recent business challenges, the time would be right for me to hand over the reins to new leadership," said Zollars. "I am particularly proud of all we, as an organization, have accomplished over the past two years. We have faced unprecedented challenges and had to deal with the most difficult economic environment our industry has ever experienced. I am especially grateful to my team and the many stakeholders who partnered with us to put the company on an operationally and financially stable path to recovery. By informing the board now of my decision, we will have sufficient time to identify my successor and ensure a seamless transition to new leadership." ................

http://investors.yrcw.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=511983

Last edited by a moderator:
Zollars Bailing after last nail in coffen

Our glorious leader Bill Zollars, after punching all the holes, pulling all the plugs, & leaving with the last bailing bucket to save this sinking ship will get off this titanic after pointing it towards the iceberg.
Thanks Bill

Our glorious leader Bill Zollars, after punching all the holes, pulling all the plugs, & leaving with the last bailing bucket to save this sinking ship will get off this titanic after pointing it towards the iceberg.
Thanks Bill

And with a $7,200,000.00 dollar handshake!

when will he go.

he will go when ////// when the recovery plan is complete . dose this mean ill stay through more consessions and give backs over the next contract. 2013 or 2015 . just saying . who knows. and is the recovery plan working.

Zollars to RESIGN....As per E-Mail sent to lower management today~

All management received the e-mail today that Zollars will resign..Details will follow I’m sure tomorrow when the details are finally announced about the future concessions that the Teamsters will give to YRC so they can survive a little bit longer!

YRC CEO says to retire once recovery plan in place

By Carey Gillam

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Sept 28 | Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:08pm EDT

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Sept 28 (Reuters) - Trucker YRC Worldwide (YRCW.O) said on Tuesday its Chief Executive William Zollars would retire as soon as the company completed its recovery plan.

"Upon the successful resolution of many of our recent business challenges, the time would be right for me to hand over the reins to new leadership," Zollars, 62, said in a company statement.

Zollars, who helped YRC avert bankruptcy last year, is also its chairman and president.

The company based in Overland Park, Kansas, said Zollars and the board had agreed that he would retain his positions until a new CEO was named.

"By informing the board now of my decision, we will have sufficient time to identify my successor and ensure a seamless transition to new leadership," Zollars said.

The company said it would look for candidates inside and outside the company..............

http://www.reuters.com/article/idCNN2810782220100928?rpc=44

Last edited by a moderator:
"By informing the board now of my decision, we will have sufficient time to identify my successor and ensure a seamless transition to new leadership," Zollars said.

Actually he meant informing the board now of his decision would get yes votes from the Teamsters.

Well now this may explain some things
Before becoming CEO, Zollars was president of Yellow Transportation, Inc. for three years. He was senior vice president of Ryder Integrated Logistics from 1994 to 1996 and served 24 years in various positions at Eastman Kodak.

Read more: Zollars will retire from YRC Worldwide - Kansas City Business Journal

24 years at the company that said Digital images would never go mainstream, and where is Ryder Logistics now?

Now I bet there will be no word of possible successors until after the vote. If it were up to me I'd demand to know before. Its probably Smid. We don't need him either.

Wouldn't we all like to have his GOLDEN parachute? I'm sure there's money he will get that goes beyond the 7.2 million mentioned above.

they were never going to renew it . thats why the offer of his head for more give backs . another white elephent

he will go when ////// when the recovery plan is complete . dose this mean ill stay through more consessions and give backs over the next contract. 2013 or 2015 . just saying . who knows. and is the recovery plan working.

That too is what concerns me....WHEN will the recovery plan be over?.....yeah, thats what I thought......screw him!.....KK

they were never going to renew it . thats why the offer of his head for more give backs . another white elephent

Possibly. But he's out so who cares. For how many years has everyone B*tched about him not being fired and wanted someone new? Now he's officially leaving and everyone here is still b*tching and moaning. Somethings never change.....And some people are only happy when they're upset, go figure.