XPO | ¡SiXTy NINe!

eBiTDa

Just hanging out till they lock the gates
Credits
It is time my brothers. We must petition the lord. Grant us sixty nine miles per hour. America demands their freight on time and damage free. With the earlier cut times, running solid fourteens is now a daily occurrence for the last guy out. It is time to stop languishing behind slow movers on these antiquated two lane roads we are routed thru. With the amount of money saved with the vnomics and the trailer skirts, placate us. It is time we moved up in the world.

We should get a very good raise if things keep going like the last quarter! 115 million profit for LTL. Maybe we will get a 3% raise and a little more match on our 401k. Lets stay positive, I'm sure Jacobs is all about taking care of his hard working employees! GLASS IS HALF FULL HERE...

Jus saying bro. You got your classic barns that are chronicly late. Classic dawdlers that like to arrive late to the FAC. Combined with a dock full of drivers not breaking, only fishing for their freight. The classic, but well lauded super secret late clean up via. I wish I knew who the brain trust that thought bumping up cut times was a good idea. Now with the dawn of elogs, drivers being picked up is soon going to be an epidemic. Don't hold your breath for a raise. They will dangle the carrot in front of you with their charts, power point presentations and Greek salad. Stand by, I see the return of two hour back ups every Friday.

It is time my brothers. We must petition the lord. Grant us sixty nine miles per hour. America demands their freight on time and damage free. With the earlier cut times, running solid fourteens is now a daily occurrence for the last guy out. It is time to stop languishing behind slow movers on these antiquated two lane roads we are routed thru. With the amount of money saved with the vnomics and the trailer skirts, placate us. It is time we moved up in the world.

Huh ?

What I am advocating for is a four mile per hour increase on the tractors. Specifically for the implied concern of being able to pass slow movers.

Oh ! Good thought, but I seriously doubt that the safety department will go along w/ it, ( too much speed for their liking). Remember safety is XPO's # 1 goal and this extra 4 mph increase may cause unwanted multi-million $ wrongful death lawsuits. Also, I don't think that the bean counters will justify the extra diesel fuel costs that will be incurred by the excessive engine rpm's to obtain 69 mph just so a dsr can pass slower vehicles on his/her way to making a great on time delivery. Common sense notwithstanding on getting from point A to point B in the quickest time possible to make that fast delivery.
Nope...I just can't see it happening here. Not at this company

What I am advocating for is a four mile per hour increase on the tractors. Specifically for the implied concern of being able to pass slow movers.
It makes a difference of a few minutes on a trip. Does this really make a difference?

It makes a difference of a few minutes on a trip. Does this really make a difference?

When you start out on a four plus hour trip back home or a seven hour turn via, with a ten minute buffer, yes it does make a difference. Every second counts, from filling out logs to amount of time to hook and un-hook. Getting stuck behind a slow mover can make a difference between burning up that sweet sixteen and or being picked up. As we know, having to be picked up seems to always perturb the brass at your barn. This is not Con-Way anymore, profit is what makes this company turn. In order to make profit, having line drivers out fourteen hours all day, every day will cut in on profit. UPS feeders zip pass us with their two light pups all day. I don't even remember when was the last time I seen one of them wrecked. FedEx Ground guys fly by us at seventy plus, with a set all the time. What differentiates those drivers from us. Are we not professionals? Having to constantly do three county passes because other drivers do not have the courtesy to let you pass (looking at you OD with your fancy sixty four mile per hour tractors), causes severe traffic jams that infuriate the drivers around you. Which could possibly end with road rage. Imagine all he traffic tie ups if this speed limiter regulation pass. There will be some road raging four wheelers out here (not like they are not here already). Just look what happens now when someone is slow rolling in the passing lane, it will only get worse. If you are concerned with the regulation, write a letter to your senator and congressman.

Last edited:
When you start out on a four plus hour trip back home or a seven hour turn via, with a ten minute buffer, yes it does make a difference. Every second counts, from filling out logs to amount of time to hook and un-hook. Getting stuck behind a slow mover can make a difference between burning up that sweet sixteen and or being picked up. As we know, having to be picked up seems to always perturb the brass at your barn. This is not Con-Way anymore, profit is what makes this company turn. In order to make profit, having line drivers out fourteen hours all day, every day will cut in on profit. UPS feeders zip pass us with their two light pups all day. I don't even remember when was the last time I seen one of them wrecked. FedEx Ground guys fly by us at seventy plus, with a set all the time. What differentiates those drivers from us. Are we not professionals? Having to constantly do three county passes because other drivers do not have the courtesy to let you pass (looking at you OD with your fancy sixty four mile per hour tractors), causes severe traffic jams that infuriate the drivers around you. Which could possibly end with road rage. Imagine all he traffic tie ups if this speed limiter regulations pass. There will be some road raging four wheelers out here (not like they are not here already). Just look what happens now when someone is slow rolling in the passing lane, it will only get worse. If you are concerned, write a letter to your senator and congressman.
Three county pass!?!? Damn. We have the technology to enable the engine/power based on GPS location. If you are on the interstate , away from cities and congestion , BOOM!!! , you should be able to run 70mph ( if that's the speed limit is)

If you think this is sci-fi , we already have cars that only let you get the full power of the engine when the GPS shows that you're at a race track. ( but once the GPS system in the "Nissan GTR" detects that you've arrived at a domestic "racetrack" , it removes the top speed limiter for all-out track assaults. )

When you start out on a four plus hour trip back home or a seven hour turn via, with a ten minute buffer, yes it does make a difference. Every second counts, from filling out logs to amount of time to hook and un-hook. Getting stuck behind a slow mover can make a difference between burning up that sweet sixteen and or being picked up. As we know, having to be picked up seems to always perturb the brass at your barn. This is not Con-Way anymore, profit is what makes this company turn. In order to make profit, having line drivers out fourteen hours all day, every day will cut in on profit. UPS feeders zip pass us with their two light pups all day. I don't even remember when was the last time I seen one of them wrecked. FedEx Ground guys fly by us at seventy plus, with a set all the time. What differentiates those drivers from us. Are we not professionals? Having to constantly do three county passes because other drivers do not have the courtesy to let you pass (looking at you OD with your fancy sixty four mile per hour tractors), causes severe traffic jams that infuriate the drivers around you. Which could possibly end with road rage. Imagine all he traffic tie ups if this speed limiter regulation pass. There will be some road raging four wheelers out here (not like they are not here already). Just look what happens now when someone is slow rolling in the passing lane, it will only get worse. If you are concerned with the regulation, write a letter to your senator and congressman.
I normally don't post on other people's boards, but I'm making an exception this time, and am only speaking on my actions. Not everyone does this, every time another truck starts to pass me regardless of how fast they are going or how fast I'm going, I lift for a few seconds just to get then around me, we are the professionals, (using the term loosely) and make our living doing this. 4 wheelers on the other hand are part time drivers for the most part, IMO we drivers should show a little more common sense than just sitting there holding up traffic in the left lane. If someone catches you and then starts around it means they are faster even if it's only a few mph, once they get around, unless the are truckstop jockeys you probably won't see them again and they aren't in your way for long. WE ALL need to use s little common sense out there. Sorry to invade your board and and thank you for letting put my 2 cents in and be safe out there.

I normally don't post on other people's boards, but I'm making an exception this time, and am only speaking on my actions. Not everyone does this, every time another truck starts to pass me regardless of how fast they are going or how fast I'm going, I lift for a few seconds just to get then around me, we are the professionals, (using the term loosely) and make our living doing this. 4 wheelers on the other hand are part time drivers for the most part, IMO we drivers should show a little more common sense than just sitting there holding up traffic in the left lane. If someone catches you and then starts around it means they are faster even if it's only a few mph, once they get around, unless the are truckstop jockeys you probably won't see them again and they aren't in your way for long. WE ALL need to use s little common sense out there. Sorry to invade your board and and thank you for letting put my 2 cents in and be safe out there.

No need to apologize, we are here as a collective to discuss our industry. I always let up off the go pedal when I see someone passing me. I don't like anyone riding along side me (especially if I am rolling empty). But alas, to many super truckers out here are not on the same page.

No need to apologize, we are here as a collective to discuss our industry. I always let up off the go pedal when I see someone passing me. I don't like anyone riding along side me (especially if I am rolling empty). But alas, to many super truckers out here are not on the same page.
Heck, I have other xpo sets that race me down the road! I also let up enough to let a faster truck go by (unless I'm going up a hill). There don't seem to be too many out there that feel the same way. Others I've talked to say, "no way, I'm not letting you go by"! Makes no sense to me. I agree about the super trucker attitude. I also try not to pull out to pass if there is a line of traffic coming up and I know it's going to take a while with the junks we drive. Sometimes I have to, but not often.

We should get a very good raise if things keep going like the last quarter! 115 million profit for LTL. Maybe we will get a 3% raise and a little more match on our 401k. Lets stay positive, I'm sure Jacobs is all about taking care of his hard working employees! GLASS IS HALF FULL HERE...

I'll have some of whatever you are drinking. Seems it must be plenty stronger than just some kool aid.

And I will gladly toast to someone throwing money at us drivers. Unlikely. But sure, we drink to that.

I would settle for something like what I am told other companies have where you can do 69 for a minute once every 20 minutes.