R&L | 1/4 of our terminal is looking to change jobs.

huh_what

TB Lurker
Credits
Someone posted that the moral has improved. Not at my yard.
We aren't a big terminal, but about 1/4 or our driver and other staff have applied with FedEx National. 2 drivers are already gone in the last 2 weeks.

-A big factor in this is that they are paying about $3.50 more an hour. R+L needs to put those of us hired in the last year and a half on the same pay scale as everyone else.

-Also Corp has been really pushing stops per hour. We get told about a few drivers with good numbers and asked why cant you do this. They dont take into account the differences in routes. These drivers tend to have a smaller area and dont get stuck with slow or bulk deliveries.

-Out terminal manager also has no people skills. He doesn't know how to talk to people and like to yell at some. We had a driver call him yesterday to put his 2 week notice in. He was hung up on, so the driver called back and said F this and went ahead and quit right then.

I came to R+L with intentions of making this a place of long term employment, but now I really question that and I'm not the only one. They need to realize they are losing good, well experienced drivers and word travels. Future drivers, with good experience will start avoiding applying here. They will be stuck having to use lots of temps and hire Swift drivers.

I really like it here and damn near everyone I work with, but wish they would just fix these couple problems.

Unfortunately I feel the same way.I really planned on staying here long term but they just don't treat people like they used to.It was not too long ago that it was the company to come to work for and if you didn't work here most likely you wanted to.Now with the exception of the large amount of people that you refer to my terminal is a mirror image of yours except I'm one of the drivers that our TM wants everyone else to be like and I don't have an easy run.

Exact same thing at our terminal. Too much micro managing,and no respect for the people who work here.Instead of trying to figure out ways to make the terminal function better,We point the finger and blame the other guy. Top it off with too much work and not enough people. We just don't want to grow any bigger. Probably better off because we can't handle what we have now.Stops per hour,to long to punch out,not leaving door knockers,double punch on the time clock, KISS MY ARSE!!!!!!!

West has two pay scale also I'm trying to figure that out also. I'm on the top scale but I feel bad for the lower scale guys thing arnt cheap out here

[quote author=huh_what link=topic=78327.msg813655#msg813655 date=1268755117]
-Also Corp has been really pushing stops per hour. We get told about a few drivers with good numbers and asked why cant you do this. They dont take into account the differences in routes. These drivers tend to have a smaller area and dont get stuck with slow or bulk deliveries.[/quote]

Sounds like my area. 18 stops yesterday and all were liftgate deliveries. 14 the day before, 8 of those were residentials, and of those 3 were really screwed up to get to. My numbers suck too. I don't care. What're you gonna do?

I came right out and told my dispatcher if I'm red don't bother telling me because I don't care about your stupid program on your computer designed by someone in an office that hasn't had to do this job and will never understand it.