XPO | 1 hour backup ,..any opinions ??

huey29

TB Lurker
Credits
well its been 3 weeks now that we have utilized the 1 hour backup . the first night evrybody that went to indy was there at regular time .,..which doesnt surprise me . anyway this past week there was big memo sent out that we couldnt dispatch no sooner than a hour later of our regular time. now the reson for this was so terminals could have more time to build pures and headloads. great idea!! i am all for it.the less work @ reship makes the night go faster . untill you get some bonehead surpervisor who has something against another driver and pulls his head load in and strips it out to make him cram and jam the only trailer he has to go to. anyway my point is i understand taking more time to build headloads and pures,..but what if a terminal say most of the class 3 terminals are done with O/B by 7 or 8 o clock. why hold them guys off let them leave at regular time if their hours permit it. lets get there and get done and come home its SATURDAY PEOPLE!!the weekend.

does any of the other big carriers use a backup of any kind i tend to hang out in my own little world and im generally not one to be too nosy so i dont ask alot of questions about other carriers business the less i know the better i like it (mushroom envy) anyhoo a backup of any kind sucks, that time could be better spent at dairy queen DILLY BAR ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheezcutter said:
does any of the other big carriers use a backup of any kind i tend to hang out in my own little world and im generally not one to be too nosy so i dont ask alot of questions about other carriers business the less i know the better i like it (mushroom envy) anyhoo a backup of any kind sucks, that time could be better spent at dairy queen DILLY BAR ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not that i know of.it sucks.

If You Were Here During The Big Teamster Strike, I Think It Was 93 Or 94 We Had A 4 Hr. Back Up On Friday Night. Every Body That Goes To Any Of The Seminars In Michigan Has To Keep *****in About The Fri. Night Backups. At Least There Has Been Only 1 Hr. Backups Most Of The Time. Sooner Or Later They Will Do Away With The Backups Altogether..

How about stripping a pure 1 bill trailer that is about 75% to get a couple more skids on it? Wow now they just created a breaker! Where's the savings in time??

dodge ram said:
How about stripping a pure 1 bill trailer that is about 75% to get a couple more skids on it? Wow now they just created a breaker! Where's the savings in time??

Two words: LOAD FACTOR

That is all that matters, forget the customer forget the damage. It's all about load factor.

I have been told to load freight on to a trailer that would damage the freight I was loading as well as the freight that I was stacking It on just so the FOS could get credit for it going out. The FOS told me not to sign my name knowing this just so he could get the credit. It’s a damn shame the customer gets in the way, or at least that is the new Conway philosophy:chairshot:

the shadow said:
Two words: LOAD FACTOR

That is all that matters, forget the customer forget the damage. It's all about load factor.

I have been told to load freight on to a trailer that would damage the freight I was loading as well as the freight that I was stacking It on just so the FOS could get credit for it going out. The FOS told me not to sign my name knowing this just so he could get the credit. It’s a damn shame the customer gets in the way, or at least that is the new Conway philosophy:chairshot:
Of all the companies I worked for I NEVER saw such blatant outright destruction of customers freight. Your pissed off cause you got to go on a via destroy some freight. You got yelled at for screwing off destroy some freight. Your just to dam lazy to get off the motor destroy the freight. All this takes place in front of FOS’S , FOM’S , Quality controllers ECT,ECT. It would be the ultimate to be able the financially hurt the ones in control of this fiasco ,but sadly we the workers who try to do the right thing will be the first to get hurt. Someday I might take a digital camera to a reship and take pictures of destroyed freight and the DSR’S who damage it and send it to the shippers and watch the talking heads try to tell the customers how great we are at the new and improved Con-Way Freight. The freight business is no different that anything else . If you can’t do the job don’t take the work.

ccc81000 said:
Of all the companies I worked for I NEVER saw such blatant outright destruction of customers freight. Your pissed off cause you got to go on a via destroy some freight. You got yelled at for screwing off destroy some freight. Your just to dam lazy to get off the motor destroy the freight. All this takes place in front of FOS’S , FOM’S , Quality controllers ECT,ECT. It would be the ultimate to be able the financially hurt the ones in control of this fiasco ,but sadly we the workers who try to do the right thing will be the first to get hurt. Someday I might take a digital camera to a reship and take pictures of destroyed freight and the DSR’S who damage it and send it to the shippers and watch the talking heads try to tell the customers how great we are at the new and improved Con-Way Freight. The freight business is no different that anything else . If you can’t do the job don’t take the work.
Amen . What he said !

ccc81000 said:
Don't get busted using that camra.They could come down hard on you.It in the manuel right next to tape recorder

ccc81000 said:

The big problem is, the FOS and some of the dsr's forget. Conway doesn't own that piece of Freight, the customer owns it. If they would remember that and handle it that way, the claims would drop.

the shadow said:
The big problem is, the FOS and some of the dsr's forget. Conway doesn't own that piece of Freight, the customer owns it. If they would remember that and handle it that way, the claims would drop.

That's True... Unfortunately It seems like moral is so low that people just stopped caring. I see it everynight. I can't count the number of times people tell me "Why should I care, It's not like the company cares" and that's too bad...

you just dont get it

huey29 said:
well its been 3 weeks now that we have utilized the 1 hour backup . the first night evrybody that went to indy was there at regular time .,..which doesnt surprise me . anyway this past week there was big memo sent out that we couldnt dispatch no sooner than a hour later of our regular time. now the reson for this was so terminals could have more time to build pures and headloads. great idea!! i am all for it.the less work @ reship makes the night go faster . untill you get some bonehead surpervisor who has something against another driver and pulls his head load in and strips it out to make him cram and jam the only trailer he has to go to. anyway my point is i understand taking more time to build headloads and pures,..but what if a terminal say most of the class 3 terminals are done with O/B by 7 or 8 o clock. why hold them guys off let them leave at regular time if their hours permit it. lets get there and get done and come home its SATURDAY PEOPLE!!the weekend.
sounds like upper management knows better than you how to schedule. headloads and pures does seem to be the idea for a back-up. if everyone ignores the back-up except for 1 driver,and he has 1 piece of freight for every terminal at the re-ship, then what do you do? make everyone run out of hours because they didnt use the 1 hour back-up schedule? who will bring you home in the morning when you run out of hours and cant make it home, because you didnt use the 1 hour back-up? that would make your scm happy! your village called again........................they dont know if they want you back!!!!!!!!