FedEx Freight | 1 Hour Lunche Breaks

[quote author=Andyssonopie link=topic=82708.msg854836#msg854836 date=1280957353]
Just wondering, any centers going to 1 hour lunch breaks. Our SCM say's it's coming from above making him do this!
[/quote]there are some bid city start times that have a one hour lunch. had them for a year now. other bids are 30min.

Hell, I'm lucky if I get my half hour most days and then by the 6th hour at that.
Plus, does this mean that they are going to deduct a hour pay?

They will only make you take a hour break if they have no work for you. You just idle an extra half hour until they find you something to do.

Do they let you know before lunch starts? Or do you call in after your 30 min lunch to find out your unpaid time has been extended? Can't see it happening where I'm at. Freight barely makes it back for P.M. cuts as it is....thanks to the hubs getting our inbound in so late.

We spell lunche "lunch" up north, but anyway..we have the rule..."lunch must be taken between your 3 and 6th hour....with NO exceptions.....(until later that day)...Then you can do whatever you want...If its to the company advantage, then all rules go out the window. I really do understand taking care of the customers first, but then why even send a message like that...? It gets real confusing...It works today, but not tomorrow.No cell phones to be used in trucks?..Later that day, everyone comes through the gate talking on a cell phone....No more overtime?...same day, guys filling out logs....No working off the clock?...2 days later..the problem starts all over again..Please stop making stupid rules that nobody will ever follow..Its just such a waste of time...Like i have said before,...Come in when you want, Take lunch when you want, Leave when you want,..nobody is gonna say anything.....This gets so old. :chairshot:

1 hr lunch is a way for FedEx to keep you at work extra 30 min aday for FREE. I have found that Fed EX makes up the rules as they go. What is RULE today is NOT tomorrow, I don't know about you, but I think it's UNION TIME at FedEx Freight :grouphug:

[quote author=fedexpuppet link=topic=82708.msg855026#msg855026 date=1281000757]
... but I think it's UNION TIME at FedEx Freight :grouphug:
[/quote]

WOW, 5 posts and already a union post. Are you one of those laid off YRC guys that FedEx hired? Sheesh.

[quote author=fedexpuppet link=topic=82708.msg855026#msg855026 date=1281000757]
1 hr lunch is a way for FedEx to keep you at work extra 30 min aday for FREE. I have found that Fed EX makes up the rules as they go. What is RULE today is NOT tomorrow, I don't know about you, but I think it's UNION TIME at FedEx Freight :grouphug:
[/quote] Yeah!! WE won't be able to afford 30min off the clock if were gonna pay those dues! good idea

What's this lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour? We're told it has to be, at the latest, 3 minutes before you hit your 5th hour.

Why are the rules different at different SC's? I thought we were all one big happy engaged family doing everything the same everywhere!

I've heard that National can still waive their lunch. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, why?

At 8:30 yesterday morning, we still had 3 PT's that hadn't bothered to show up. Maybe that's why they are going to hour lunches, so they can screw us and still take work away from real drivers.

It's after your 3rd and before your 6th. Depending where your at, they could care less when you take it, as long as you do. If on dock, you have too, if driving, service freight first. That's how it goes. Another rule open to interpretation..lol

lunch .... whats that . :duel:.

this is so confusing

run hard to the hub .... *work dock .... leave and charge hard :hyper: for the house ..

RULES ... :chairshot:

*OK OK .. lean on yellow pole .. get paid

:chairshot: What the man told me in HRO is they want you to run to the hub without a break, because they are waiting on the freight to break, don't take a break before you get on the dock because your a shuttle driver and your hours are calculated into the man hours for the dock. Work the dock, you can think about lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour but thats the busiest time of the hub so ask your supervisor if you can go to lunch, who will look at you like you have lost your ever loving mind and tell you no. After the busiest part of the morning your chasing your freight to load as the dock supervsior hasn't had the presence of a brain fart all morning to set a trailer for you so all your freight is scattered through 5 bays of 9am freight. By the time you get it loaded your almost late out the gate. You brain is tired so you stop for a lunch on the way home and take a nap instead of eating. When you get back to your home domicile your given grief about what took so long and you still haven't eaten lunch yet.
:iamnotworthy:

[quote author=popasmurf link=topic=82708.msg855084#msg855084 date=1281019179]
:chairshot: What the man told me in HRO is they want you to run to the hub without a break, because they are waiting on the freight to break, don't take a break before you get on the dock because your a shuttle driver and your hours are calculated into the man hours for the dock. Work the dock, you can think about lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour but thats the busiest time of the hub so ask your supervisor if you can go to lunch, who will look at you like you have lost your ever loving mind and tell you no. After the busiest part of the morning your chasing your freight to load as the dock supervsior hasn't had the presence of a brain fart all morning to set a trailer for you so all your freight is scattered through 5 bays of 9am freight. By the time you get it loaded your almost late out the gate. You brain is tired so you stop for a lunch on the way home and take a nap instead of eating. When you get back to your home domicile your given grief about what took so long and you still haven't eaten lunch yet.
:iamnotworthy:
[/quote]u r so right 100%

[quote author=sharpshooter link=topic=82708.msg855055#msg855055 date=1281013756]
It's after your 3rd and before your 6th. Depending where your at, they could care less when you take it, as long as you do. If on dock, you have too, if driving, service freight first. That's how it goes. Another rule open to interpretation..lol
[/quote]

Not us. We HAVE to take it before your 5th hour unless you have appointments that will be missed.

You would think that a policy would be uniform across all the SC's, but apparently they aren't very serious about their policies since different centers interpret them as they see fit.

Here in Central Missouri we have to take our lunch before the sixth hour or we get written up, it doesn't matter if your going to miss door times or not.

The law in Washington state allows workers to waive lunch if the company agrees.

Does anyone know if National drivers can waive their lunches in Washington?

I pretty new here and all but it seems FedEx is like California. Face it law makers make laws no one fallows them its what lawmakers do. We have rule makers that's what they do. Job security.