FedEx Freight | 1 Hour Lunche Breaks

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=82708.msg855294#msg855294 date=1281049696]
Not us. We HAVE to take it before your 5th hour unless you have appointments that will be missed.

You would think that a policy would be uniform across all the SC's, but apparently they aren't very serious about their policies since different centers interpret them as they see fit.
[/quote]

Franklin

We run to 4 different hubs out of our SC. Every time I go to a different hub, I have to try to remember the rules for each SC I run to. They're all different. :biglaugh:

[quote author=rodedawg link=topic=82708.msg855467#msg855467 date=1281107435]
Franklin

We run to 4 different hubs out of our SC. Every time I go to a different hub, I have to try to remember the rules for each SC I run to. They're all different. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

WTF is up with that? That's just stupid. Yet, they'll write your a** up in a heartbeat even though there apparently is no standard.

Hey you regional desk jockeys! Get a handle on it. If a lawyer can prove that you have different standards in different Centers, come a lawsuit, you're going to get rammed up the ol' pooper. What is it? 3 to 6 hours? 3 to 5 hours? Can National waive their lunches when we can't?

Guys trying to keep their jobs would like to know.

We just had to sign another paper about our lunch break at Nat'l. Said that it would be taken between the 3rd and 6th hour and we must label it as a meal break or lunch break. 30 mins on the top line. Off duty not driving. Line haul driver here.

[quote author=worthless link=topic=82708.msg855684#msg855684 date=1281149828]
We just had to sign another paper about our lunch break at Nat'l. Said that it would be taken between the 3rd and 6th hour and we must label it as a meal break or lunch break. 30 mins on the top line. Off duty not driving. Line haul driver here.
[/quote] yeah, that's a natl rule, not freight. When I transferred, after 2 months of not showing lunch, they said I had to redue my logs! FOR 2 MONTHS!! The TM made a "call" and said just make sure you show lunch from now on. I never showed a lunch at freight.