ABF | 1 week of vacation

deadhead

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm not with ABF but I am watching this vote. I was wondering about the 1 week of vacation across the board. If this pile of crap gets passed does that mean you'll have to work 2 years for 1 week of vacation and then 8 years before you get 2 weeks?

I'm not with ABF but I am watching this vote. I was wondering about the 1 week of vacation across the board. If this pile of crap gets passed does that mean you'll have to work 2 years for 1 week of vacation and then 8 years before you get 2 weeks?

I believe it would be determined in what supplement you were working under..

1. the week vacation will result in over a $7M dollar savings

2. the reduced break time will result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings

3. the use of cameras will result in tens of millions of dollars in improved productivity

4. the closing of terminals will result in maybe an estimated one thousand lost jobs

at an estimated $70,000,000 savings

1. the week vacation will result in over a $7M dollar savings

2. the reduced break time will result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings

3. the use of cameras will result in tens of millions of dollars in improved productivity

4. the closing of terminals will result in maybe an estimated one thousand lost jobs

at an estimated $70,000,000 savings

And the resulting Workman's compensation from the lack of time off? While your busy figuring out your odds I'm dragging 395# ellipticals 248# 6ftx6ft ping pong tables into customers homes townhouse condos wheeling it up 300' crushed stone driveways.I've been doing this long enough to know it will cost ABF far more.I know that they know that too! Sometimes you have to throw the beancounter out the window!!

You have it right and then 15 years to get 3 weeks.

and the resulting workman's compensation from the lack of time off? While your busy figuring out your odds i'm dragging 395# ellipticals 248# 6ftx6ft ping pong tables into customers homes townhouse condos wheeling it up 300' crushed stone driveways.i've been doing this long enough to know it will cost abf far more.i know that they know that too! Sometimes you have to throw the beancounter out the window!!

vote no or it's only going to get worse

And the resulting Workman's compensation from the lack of time off? While your busy figuring out your odds I'm dragging 395# ellipticals 248# 6ftx6ft ping pong tables into customers homes townhouse condos wheeling it up 300' crushed stone driveways.I've been doing this long enough to know it will cost ABF far more.I know that they know that too! Sometimes you have to throw the beancounter out the window!!

You need 6 weeks vacation just to get rid of the stress. I rarely brought that crap into the house. Inside delivery is not part of the deal. I offered garage or tailgate. There once was a young lady who answered the door. She pointed up the stairs with a smile. I told her if she gave me a hand we could get it up there. She was panting, breathing hard and laughing all the way up the stairs. She slipped and I fell on her. I thought she was having an orgasm

You need 6 weeks vacation just to get rid of the stress. I rarely brought that crap into the house. Inside delivery is not part of the deal. I offered garage or tailgate. There once was a young lady who answered the door. She pointed up the stairs with a smile. I told her if she gave me a hand we could get it up there. She was panting, breathing hard and laughing all the way up the stairs. She slipped and I fell on her. I thought she was having an orgasm
You musta missed your DOT mandated drug test! We got us the Hanson brothers all in one person!

Hanson Brothers

You musta missed your DOT mandated drug test! We got us the Hanson brothers all in one person!

Are these the same jar heads the coach caught them playing with their toy car race set as he walked by their room? If so, they couldn't score a goal if the goalie threw it in himself. But they sure could deliver a crushing body check in the corners. I still like the scene as he skates by the bench & slaps all the players up side the head with his stick as he skates on by. To funny a movie. von

Last edited by a moderator:
You got it. All time classic. Even the wife got caught laughing at this one!

Or the old lady in the stands with her Opera glasses checking out the new team uniforms, or lack of them. The moon shot was good but the rival fans in the city they were traveling to shut up real quick when they were getting a rectal from the side of the team bus, priceless. Or the trainer sewing up the Fenchie Goalie. I have been stitched on a couple of times from the game, but not like that idiot with the needle & thread, must be that 7% reduction affecting the hiring process. I am so drunk the first person who hits me I am going to pee my pants? Another classic line. Or Ned grabbing the announcers mike & hair piece, only in a hockey rink. Or Reggie telling everyone the Team is being purchased by a group home in southern Florida? Kind of like our contract proposal, just business. Also, the Referee. Kind of like ABF Management, to many Officials on the Ice putting us in the penalty box with a Match Penalty where we will stay if this crap is passed. Oh well, there are the beaches in Florida, now where did they move that team to? von

See for many of the city ABF employees that is part of the deal.Not only do we bring it into the room of their choice but sometimes we assemble it for them too! Sometimes we take the old one out.Could be damn near anything,Easy lift chairs, exercise eqpt. a nasty old mattress.Of course they pay for each service and most around here who use these services have the $$. I believe the time off were looking for is the bare minimum if you look at comparable industries.I would say to ABF don't send me a dvd part of which is complaining about rising comp cases and oh... by the way were taking a weeks vacation away!

Taking vacation time from the workers will most likely cost them more than they will save... Without sufficient down time productivity will likely go down and the workers comp cases will go up as fatigue sets in.. Being a truck driver means right off the bat will be long hours.. Now they want to take that down time away from you.. American workers already get the least amount of vacation time in the world and they just want to make it worse.. I would bet that upper management isn't totally giving it up..All they have to do is call it a business trip ..

Taking vacation time from the workers will most likely cost them more than they will save... Without sufficient down time productivity will likely go down and the workers comp cases will go up as fatigue sets in.. Being a truck driver means right off the bat will be long hours.. Now they want to take that down time away from you.. American workers already get the least amount of vacation time in the world and they just want to make it worse.. I would bet that upper management isn't totally giving it up..All they have to do is call it a business trip ..

YRC, the sister companies and ABF probably pay well over $100M in comp claims a year between them. It's a part of doing business. What's another couple million How many millions have you cost them in your illustrious career? :coffee1:

YRC, the sister companies and ABF probably pay well over $100M in comp claims a year between them. It's a part of doing business. What's another couple million How many millions have you cost them in your illustrious career? :coffee1:

Sorry Joe but it is getting worse as the workforce of both companies are aging.. an older workforce equals more comp claims...They did it to themselves..

Abf"s workers comp system is a scam,, the case worker racket,, dr racket, therapy racket is nuts... In our area it is Coventry, the case mgmnt lady usues a particular surgeon and therapy place,, kick backs,, all over do it, charging abf bookoo bucks,, she okays every bogus procedure and test and amount of time off needed... Is this to drive up costs or is abf work comp head too stupid? they complain but wont see thru the cracks.. We have a guy that had asurgery approved and wasn't really for what he injured himself for,, the dr found something else in area.. complications set in,,, now case worker and surgeon are in damage control.. another instance,, guy using work comp for personal elective orthopaedic issues and work comp case worker approves it all. commission commission dr, case worker, therapy place all prosper,, abf dishes it out!!! no sympathy here....

......and the IBT endorses this deal? You guys should turn this down just to help save ABF from themselves. They will never be able to hire anyone new who has a clean background check, clean driving record, good experience and no history of failed DOT drug tests. Nobody with half a brain is going to take a job that offers 1 week of vacation after 2 years of service and 2 weeks of vacation after 8 years of service. That is the worst vacation policy in the history of the trucking industry. It might be the worst vacation policy in any industry period. The only people ABF will be able to get, if this passes, is people who can't get hired elsewhere. The yes votes better think real hard about what they're going to be turning this company into. I'm afraid there are too many at ABF with no more than 5 years to go who will vote anything in just to keep things rolling along. Hope I'm wrong!

As for the workmans's comp thing, YRC has been crying about the same thing and how it's the main thing slowing their turnaround. Right up to the day the whole ABF purchase attempt leaked out. I don't believe anything that any of these companies have to say...PERIOD!!! ( or the IBT for that matter )