10,000 sign on bonus what a slap in the face

mothertrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUY'S BUT THIS IS A HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE!!! :realmad: I KNOW MOST OF YOU HAVE BEEN WITH THE CO. FO A LONG TIME!I HAVE BENN A LOCAL DRIVER FOR THE CO. IN J-1 FOR THE BETTER PART OF 13 YRS,HAVE STUCK AROUND THROUGH 2 BUY OUT'S NO TIME 1/2 AND NOW THEY WANT TO SPEND $250,000 ON PEOPLE WHO QUIT?? I AM PISSED :cuss: THIS IS THE MOST SCREWED UP THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.SO THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR MY LOYALTY?? WE HAVE EQUIPMENT THAT NEEDS REAPIRS AMONGST A FEW OTHER THINGS! WHY NOT DO THIS FOR THE MECHANICS HELL WE ALL KNOW WE NEED MORE OF THE SO WE CAN GET OUR TRUCKS FIEXD IN A TIMELY MANNER!I ASKED CAPTIAN BOB FROM SAFETY WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS, RESPONSE I GOT WAS WE NEED TO BRING BACK THE DRIVERS WHO KNOW THW SYSTEM!! YEAH GOOOODDDD ANSWER!NOW LETS SEE WHAT THE RAISE BRINGS? WE NEED AT LEAST A $1.00 FOR LOCAL'S AND AT LEAST .5 TO.7 FOR ROAD AND REGINAL FOR THE HARD WORK AND LOYALTY :Bondage: WE GIVE THIS PLACE. DAVE THE BIG CHEESE SAID IT SHOULD BE POSTED MONDAY. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!:beerchug:

pissed off

It's nice to see another local driver agree with me about the "bonus" for returns. Talk about a bunch of bullshit. I think it might be time to look elsewhere. :sadwavey:

I hope its not true! You know rumors.Where are our loyalty/longevity bonuses?Guys with 5 plus in should get something more than another load.Just hope the payees are not from NC.They left for Harry to take care of them,let them stay!! Do these rehires also get
benefits,vacation,senority restored?

IT'S NOT A RUMOR!!! IT IS THE TRUTH, IF YOU ASK CAPTIAN BOB ST. J IN SAFETY OR ASK ANYBODY IN SAFETY, OR ANY HIGHER DEPT. THEY WILL TELL YOU IT'S TRUE!! :furious: NOW IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU WENT TO NC,R&L, YELLOW.ROADWAY, OR EVEN J B HUNT IF YOU WERE A FORMER EMPLOYEE, THAT DID NOT GET FIRED, YOU CAN GET YOUR JOB BACK, LETTERS WENT OUT AND IT IS FOR THE 1ST 25 PEOPLE WHO RESPOND! NOW IF YOU GET YOUR JOB BACKYOU GET THE BONUS I THINK ITS EITHER $5,000 SIGN ON AND THE REST AFTER A YEAR OR ITS $2,000 AND THE REST AFTER A YEAR! EITHER WAY ITS A SLAP IN THE FACE :hissyfit: I SAY AGAIN THIS IS NOT A RUMOR ASK ANYONE IN SAFETY OR HIHER UPS AND THEY WILL TELL YOU. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT SENIORTY, OR VACATION TIME,OR POSITION I DID NOT EVEN THINK TO ASK I WAS SOO PISSED:ranting2:

:flamed:

Not my intention to offend.As a local,you are more plugged in then i am as a road driver.Maybe we should leave,enjoy a few weeks,and reapply for the bonus.

Upper management was punch drunk when they made up the 10k return bonus idea. If it is any indication of their way of thinking or wait it is their way of thinking we are all in trouble........

Airbr8ks said:
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUY'S BUT THIS IS A HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE!!! :realmad: I KNOW MOST OF YOU HAVE BEEN WITH THE CO. FO A LONG TIME!I HAVE BENN A LOCAL DRIVER FOR THE CO. IN J-1 FOR THE BETTER PART OF 13 YRS,HAVE STUCK AROUND THROUGH 2 BUY OUT'S NO TIME 1/2 AND NOW THEY WANT TO SPEND $250,000 ON PEOPLE WHO QUIT?? I AM PISSED :cuss: THIS IS THE MOST SCREWED UP THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.SO THIS IS T I GET FOR MY LOYALTY?? WE HAVE EQUIPMENT THAT NEEDS REAPIRS AMONGST A FEW OTHER THINGS! WHY NOT DO THIS FOR THE MECHANICS HELL WE ALL KNOW WE NEED MORE OF THE SO WE CAN GET OUR TRUCKS FIEXD IN A TIMELY MANNER!I ASKED CAPTIAN BOB FROM SAFETY WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS, RESPONSE I GOT WAS WE NEED TO BRING BACK THE DRIVERS WHO KNOW THW SYSTEM!! YEAH GOOOODDDD ANSWER!NOW LETS SEE WHAT THE RAISE BRINGS? WE NEED AT LEAST A $1.00 FOR LOCAL'S AND AT LEAST .5 TO.7 FOR ROAD AND REGINAL FOR THE HARD WORK AND LOYALTY :Bondage: WE GIVE THIS PLACE. DAVE THE BIG CHEESE SAID IT SHOULD BE POSTED MONDAY. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!:beerchug:
I hope the "Big Cheese" does post it Monday. I'm tired of checking the bulletin boards and the notes plastered all over the dispatch windows @ J3 and J5 every nite, and seeing the same old CRAP! They've still got last year's wage increases posted with the used, used, used, and re-used form letter that says something like "We are proud to offer the best pay in the industry".
At least they could change the wording! Make yourself useful, "Driver Relations" (another joke) and check out the competition. You might learn something. Do you have a CLUE?

Well if We as a GROUP put our Foot down and TOLD these Clowns this is UNACCEPTABLE maybe we could force their hand a little.
I say It's time for the Jevic 1st Annual burn a personal Day! Lets make it on the last day of any givin month and we can all go Bowling.
Maybe we could have a BIG Texas Holdem Party. Maybe if 100 Local drivers all take the same day off and get paid for it that MIGHT make a statement!!
Who's UP for It?????
Pass the word. WE CAN MAKE A STATEMENT.
What do we really Have to lose???
Anyone out there with a BIG SET?????
Balls that is....

You'll have to try another day than last day of a month. That's THE big day, and WE need everyone working to handle the HEAVY VOLUME. HAH! It ain't been that heavy in a while.

By the way, I'm taking tomorrow off. Was told by Central I couldn't, because it is a holiday weekend. Told them I had my run covered, so I got it. I didn't really :stupid: want it, but, heck I figure I better take a day before we lose that, too! :mfight:

pssssst...Everyone just start slowing down and let the freight backup on the docks .... No need to take a day off ....Remember deliver like the rest and not the best......

i'm not sure if you guys are interested or not but my barn is next to yours and the boss is looking to put on something like 10 guys:bananapowerslide:

THANKS FOR THE INVITE 14 WHEELER :thumbsup: WE ARE REALLY NOT LOOKING TO JUMP SHIP WITH THE RED OR THE OTHER BLUE TRUCKS, WE LIKE OUR COMPANY. :puke: WE JUST WANT THESE A-HOLES TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. WE ALL HAVE BEEN HERE A LONG TIME, HAVE THE VACATION WE WANT, RUNS SET AND ALL OF THE OTHER GOODIES. WE JUST WANT TO BE TREATED FAIRLY. HELL WE ARE ALL GROWN MEN HERE( WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW) WE HAVE MORTGAGE'S, CAR PAYMENTS, HOUSE BILLS ,KIDS IN SCHOOL, AND THEY PULL THIS DUMB SH!T? :cuss: I CAN'T BELIVE IT!!!YOU KNOW WHATS REALLY GOING TO BE SCREWED UP,IS WHEN OUR INSURANCE WITH UNITED HEALTH IS UP AT THE END OF THE YEAR,ALL I CAN SAY IS HANG ON TO YOUR ***'S. THIS IS WHEN GUYS ARE REALLY GOING TO LOSE IT:furious: YOU WHEN THE OLD PREZ PAUL WAS LET GO AND DAVE THE NEW BIG CHEESE WAS PUT IN HIS SPOT WE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO BREATH LIFE AND SOME DRIVER MORAL. ALL HE DID WAS KICK US IN THE TEETH AND STOMPED US DOWN FURTHER ON MORAL!! I FOR ONE AM ON THE (SLOW DOWN ROUTE )I FOR ONE WILL NOT BREAK MY *** FOR SOMEONE WHO DOES NOTHING BUT LIE DIRECTLY TO US.AND GUESS WHAT THE DOCK GUYS ARE ALSO PISSED THE ONLY GOT A FRIGGIN .25 YEAH SO GO FIGURE! OK GUYS I GOTT TO RUN AND CALL MY REALATOR WITH THIS NEW .35 I AM GOING TO BUY ME A NEW HOUSE DOWN AT JERSEY SHORE. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY NEW CARDBOARD BOX.OK BOYS ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY BE SAFE SEE YA NEXT WEEK

just to let you know, they sent me that letter in the mail and had a good laugh. I quit after only two months and swore i'd never go back, besides 25 suckers hopefully already applied

shifty said:
just to let you know, they sent me that letter in the mail and had a good laugh. I quit after only two months and swore i'd never go back, besides 25 suckers hopefully already applied

Shifty-plz post your copy of "That Letter"; I'd like to see one.

"The Letter"

Dirty White Boy said:
Shifty-plz post your copy of "That Letter"; I'd like to see one.

No response from Shifty. Guess he's got his probs w/his newest job @ Estes, from the looks of their boards.

I can't imagine Jevic sending a "wish you were here" letter w/bonus to a 2-month quitter. The idea is to get drivers back who could hit the ground running, not just complaining and wondering what comes next. I've always thought you needed to give a job 3-6mos just to learn the system, and be able to settle in.

If you learn right away it's not for you, then you haven't done your research.

There are no perfect jobs to be had. Why? Because there are no openings available.:duh:

hey, give me a break, i have to work to. When i showed the letter to my wife and said what a joke i thought it was, she finally got rid of it. the reason i left was i was told i would be a j7 peddle driver. after getting put into running the line, i said it aint for me. I didnt leave on bad tearms and it wasnt the worst job. plus i dont like qual comm. and estes is going just fine for me right now.
the letter stated that i would be givev 500 right from the start, 1 month later i would get another 500 then for the next 8 monthes i would get 1000 then 500 a month for the last 2 monthes. I wish i'd would have saved it but you'll probably find someone who will go back and will have a copy of it

If so, then Jevic dropped the ball again when they sent you the letter. No surprise, knowing how their inter-department communications go.

Regardless, in spite of their shortcomings, I plan to stay/too much invested. I wish you luck in your new adventure.:USA:

thanks, i know where your coming from. this wasn't the first letter they sent to me about coming back,just the one offering the most money, but then again money isn't everthing.