R&L | 10 % cuts across the boards We are RL-YRC

Daycab6

TB Lurker
Credits
We hear things out east that these YRC guys that we hired want to do a across the board cut for layoff with no caring about seniorty, sounds like they are doing to us what the Union stopped them from doing in YRC with combo drivers and now buying used junk trucks from crappy companies they bought. Why are we getting rid of the people who go us here and hiring these UNION guys? There is no more pride in our people anymore.
Mr Roberts your Dream is dieing and the stench smells like YRC , Please WAKE up before they SABOTAGE your dream, we are with you, clean house and lets get back to the PRIDE and PEOPLE who got us here WE ARE R&L CARRIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will be the biggest mistake they could make!!!!!WE WILL PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!! We are too busy to just accept a cutback,we are busy because of us drivers and WE CAN BECOME SLOW BECAUSE OF US DRIVERS!!!!! We are not parked on the side of the road stealing company money like a few other companies I see everyday. We busted our buts during this bad economy to keep R&L in the black and we can put them in the red!!!!!!!Take away from me and I WILL take away from you!!!!

I think any cuts will be based on time served thats how it works in the west. I think this is good for me I have many years served so I would rather they lay off a 1 year guy and give me my 45 hour week I deserve. Ive seen them lay off when terminals are slow and the time served was the rule of thumb. I would work off of fact not rumor look around at the ltl world we are living they have done fare job keeping us busy. My family and I are blessed to getting paid my hourly rate and getting hours I am. Im going to email talk to rl I will post any answer when received.

Mr Roberts put the YRC people in place, so he knows what he is doing, turning the company into a look alike company like all the rest of the LTL carriers, the good old days of being different are gone.......

they put yrc in place and losing alot of frt. if you can look at the manifest you see alot of business at risk i never use to see that on the manifest ............

I guess your experiences here at R+L are peachy and your not worried about your job but some people on here are.Even Braceface one of the biggest cheerleaders for the Roberts family and the company is a little uncomfortable with some of the latest decisions by Ohio so why don't you give it a rest.People are allowed to post on here things you may not be happy to see.

Scully you must not be bother by the 1000 of hard working ppl that are out of a job. I have been a STRONG supporter of the roberts family. And I have ALWAYS been appreciated my job, and the way I was treated by R&L. But some good ppl lost there jobs today. And there is no reason for it! I care abt this company. And im not just gonna sit around and watch YRC rejects run it into the ground, and be happy abt it!

I may be missing something but every company in west is laying off some up to 1/3 of total work force. what do you all expect them to do keep people around to sit in the drivers room to play cards. I feel bad for fellow drivers but I dont see any other way

Mr Roberts put the YRC people in place, so he knows what he is doing, turning the company into a look alike company like all the rest of the LTL carriers, the good old days of being different are gone.......

R+L used to be "not your same LTL carrier" and that is changing.

I said it before and I will say it again....now R&L is blending in AT BEST with the competition. We USED to be the best carrier in North America when it came to service. I'm afraid hiring the YRC rejects was a TERRIBLE mistake and it is starting to affect the company the SR. worked so hard to build negatively. What a shame !!!

I said it before and I will say it again....now R&L is blending in AT BEST with the competition.
I think the economy just caught up with us. No matter how hard we try to "create our own economy"...... Can't really blame R+L for what they are doing. Just so they don't work the temps that would be a real kick in the :nutkick: too the guys getting let go. I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

I'm gonna guess here...so don't bash me too hard! You guys were the first to say "uncle" to the rate cuts of YRC! Bad for the people that got laid-off but not necessarily bad for the company!

I'm gonna guess here...so don't bash me too hard! You guys were the first to say "uncle" to the rate cuts of YRC! Bad for the people that got laid-off but not necessarily bad for the company!
I think they have been one of the last to lay drivers off. I know they were hiring when others were laying off... Unless this is a recent rate cut.

...... Can't really blame R+L for what they are doing.
I can't either duck, but what has really been the kick in the shorts, has been the.....no more bids.....senority gets you now where. Drivers run gets cut and its up to TM to decide where he goes. That would even be OK but I've been here long enough to see that management will turn 5 employees lives upside down to keep 1 guy happy. Hang in there everyone, we will come out in the end. Unlike our Gov't, I just hope they give back some of the "freedoms" when we do.

In my small town there have been cutbacks, lay offs, companies going out of business, and for sale signs and for rent signs on practically every block. Every week there are more & more home foreclosures. In order to turn things around for R&L and every other business there needs to be leadership in Washington that has the backbone to do what's necessary to save the economy, not cater to special interest groups and foreign governments that want to destroy our way of life. Our entire government is more corrupt now than ever on both sides of the isle. If we want to save our jobs and get back to the way things used to be then we need to take the real fight to Washington.

When it boils down to it, its nothing R+L really did. Its the economy and freight volumes are down industry wide and not just LTL.
I was told R+L's billcount is up from last year, but that we are making about $40 less per bill.
Thats because competition is driving prices down. There are to many companys competing for a lesser amount of freight. The more these companys lower wages and cut costs, the lower the rates go and it hurt everyone.