ABF | 10%er to cover PSE shift

pokey1

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if anyone knows, the 10%er usually covers other bid times for vacation for other guys. Does anyone know if you are also responsible for covering the PSE shift? It seems a little tough to bounce from days to nights. Just wondering, I am at a small barn and it has been brought up. Any info would be appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone knows, the 10%er usually covers other bid times for vacation for other guys. Does anyone know if you are also responsible for covering the PSE shift? It seems a little tough to bounce from days to nights. Just wondering, I am at a small barn and it has been brought up. Any info would be appreciated.

I don't know anything about 10%ers because we don't have them here in N.J. All our replacement bids are cover by men on the 8am shape in seniority order. If nobody wants them then we are forced from the bottom of the shape list.

Since there isn't anymore PSE anyone on our shape list, regardless of date of hire, can now be forced to cover a utility bid in reverse seniority order.

I was just forced on a night utility bid for 2 weeks replacing a man on vacation & yes it was tough getting used to driving all night after being on days for the last 4 years.

At our barn(on the road side) when guys go on vacation we use extra boards drivers to cover those bids.Extra board drivers can bid on those bids that guys are on vacation for but if nobody bids on them then you get forced on those bids from the bottom up on the list until there all filled.As for going from days to nights try being a road driver on the extra board,one day nights the next day daylight. It sucks. :chairshot::chairshot:

hey 2631 i'm back

Hey steve, its good to see you back. We need more pro union people with your knowledge & experience helping to keep it real.

As I posted above I was forced to cover 1 of 4 night bids for 2 weeks so I took your advice & tried a utility bid to Carlisle. Other than not being able to sleep in the daytime it was actually not bad at all. I was really impressed by how well the utility drivers all got along & worked together on the 042 dock. I was also impressed & surprised by how well the Carlisle dock men & dock women treat the utility drivers working on their dock.

I have to say that if for some reason this RPM or whatever they call it doesn't work out, it won't be because of labor. From what I saw the utility drivers were giving 100%.