FedEx Freight | 10 Hour Rule

da goat

TB Lurker
Credits
Need help...does anyone know if I can check my tractor and get a dolly before the 10 hour rule is over? I'm not driving...just getting a dolly and checking my tractor...or does that violate the 10 hour rule? I understood that when you start driving is when you are safe if the 10 hours have passed.

Need help...does anyone know if I can check my tractor and get a dolly before the 10 hour rule is over? I'm not driving...just getting a dolly and checking my tractor...or does that violate the 10 hour rule? I understood that when you start driving is when you are safe if the 10 hours have passed.
You

If your being paid your in violation.......
And you must show your PTI on your logs so you would be also falsifying your log.
So I am doing all that but not on the bri
If your being paid your in violation.......
And you must show your PTI on your logs so you would be also falsifying your log.
So you have to be on your brick right? You can't do it on your own time in other words...

I don't work for Fred.
But federal law says you must log for all time paid
It is not in your best interest to do this off the clock.

Actually I believe it says all time on duty, that would mean paid or not, so no you cannot do your PTI "off the clock" without being in violation.
Surprised the company cheerleaders have not put the spin on this yet.......
Preforming work off the clock would be a violation of company policy because of the liability involved. I believe the cheerleaders have posted about people being let go for violation of company policy in the past. But it may also figure into if you are one of the special people too.

10 hour rule ain't happening... You can take that to the bank.

If you are talking about 10 hours replacing the 14 hour rule it's the same. From the moment you start so does the clock. You can't restart till after a complete 10 hours off. That doesn't mean 9 3/4 hours either...

I don't work for Fred.
But federal law says you must log for all time paid
It is not in your best interest to do this off the clock.
So your telling me that if the company I work for guarantees me 8 hours pay and sends me home after 6 I need to log my time at home on duty? Or if I'm sitting at the hotel after 14 hours getting paid this also needs to be log on duty? Now I do agree that if your performing work then it should be on duty but if the company wants to pay you to sit around and you meet the requirements of the rule, you can be off duty and still get paid.

Correct me if you think I'm wrong but isn't it to be ten hours uninterrupted off duty? And if so then technically fetching and checking that dolly would call for a reset and another ten hours off. You can do anything you want 'til and if you get caught up with but it would be a violation to do so.

Yes but "technically" you can break your 10 into two periods of at least 8 and 2 (was 5 and 5 for a little while when the HOS first changed) so you could log 15 minutes "on-duty" then 2 more off and have your 10 hour break satisfied.

Yes but "technically" you can break your 10 into two periods of at least 8 and 2 (was 5 and 5 for a little while when the HOS first changed) so you could log 15 minutes "on-duty" then 2 more off and have your 10 hour break satisfied.

The 8 and 2 split log only works if you log the 8hrs off in a sleeper berth.

The split sleeper time was done away with by the FMCSA. It has to be 10 consecutive hours no matter what and has been for some time now.

So your telling me that if the company I work for guarantees me 8 hours pay and sends me home after 6 I need to log my time at home on duty? Or if I'm sitting at the hotel after 14 hours getting paid this also needs to be log on duty? Now I do agree that if your performing work then it should be on duty but if the company wants to pay you to sit around and you meet the requirements of the rule, you can be off duty and still get paid.
I answered a specific question about being off duty a full 10 hours.
You log it anyway you want .

Take it up with a DOT officer............

I believe it is hours worked, not hours paid for and if you log it that way I doubt that you'll be questioned on it.