TForce | 10 minute breaks? Anyone at ups freight

At lax when i'm hourly I take 2 15's and a 30 min lunch. When i'm mileage I run hammer down and to heck with breaks and lunch, nobody says a thing about it!

seems that the three( paid )10 min breaks are separate from our 30min off the clock lunch.could we get a few hands up to who takes these breaks and who doesn't.my barn sure doesn't and it ain't because we company boys!

I hate to say this but most feel the same in our terminal, but if we do, production takes a dive for the terminal, but this brings MGNT. to the realization that we need more personnell, making things easier for us to an extent.

Allowing most of us to think now, what a concept.

Not sure how this stacks up againt the PCM concerning WI, but we don't get "formal" breaks other than 30 min lunch in MWK 101, and never have. A second lunch after 12 would be nice when I put in the rare long night on O/B dock.

Here's how WI law reads from the State Dept. of Workforce Development website:

Meal Periods
Employers are not required to provide meal periods to adult employees, but it is recommended in the law that employers provide 30 minutes or more for a meal period. However, employers must provide meal periods to all employees under age 18.

Meal periods provided to minors must be at least 30 minutes in length, and reasonably close to the usual meal times of 6:00 a.m., 12 noon, 6 p.m. and 12 midnight, or near the middle of the shift.

No minor may be employed for more than 6 consecutive hours without a meal period.

Employers must pay all employees for “on duty” meal periods. An “on duty” meal period is one where the worker is not provided at least 30 minutes free from work, or where the worker is not free to leave the employer’s premises.

Employers also are not allowed to require that meals be accepted as part of the worker’s wages.

Rest periods or breaks of less than 30 consecutive minutes each shift are considered work time, and employers may not deduct from a worker’s wages for them.

Here in Fontana, we take 15 minute breaks, 30 minute lunches.

Clock in, two hours later, take 15 min break, two hours later, take lunch, two hours later, take 15 min break, and two hours later, clock out pointing at the birds.

breaks.

Our TM is ok with a break. He's pretty laid back and counting the days til he retires. Guys complain about him but I dread the alternative. We aren't allowed to input a break on the DIAD. He tells us to just take it if it's prudent. The stewards are a little suspicious and have brought up the issue of "stealing time", because the"safety/security " Gestapo is always looking to get you fired.