FedEx Freight | 100 Workers Affected By Decision Will Get Opportunity To Relocate

Sell the idea no jobs are being lost, keep those unemployement niumbers low. Keep the stock price up.
Then we can get guest workers in here so we can have a surprise for our brothers and sisters in contract negotations in 08

One of the things that is being overlooked in all of this is the fact that there are going to be 4 linehaul positions remaining in Hartford. The 4 top drivers on the senority list are being offered these positions. They have been told that their jobs are not being eliminated. Therefore they are not going to receive a severance package if they decide not to take these positions. They also are not being offered to relocate under the dovetail policy. They can apply for a transfer, but they will lose all senority. These new linehaul runs being offered to the top 4 are not the high paying bids they are used to having, and will result in a 400.00 - 500.00 a week loss in wages. It is hard to find a happy camper in our neck of the woods.

I can see where that would suck for the top 4, at least the rest have an ok deal. Yes I know they'd have to relocate and that can suck but at least they have that option.

FM

Seems like they should have a choice of taking it or transferring.. See management thinks that a 40 hour week is a good thing or a 1000 a week is ok

Oldest out first

One of the things that is being overlooked in all of this is the fact that there are going to be 4 linehaul positions remaining in Hartford. The 4 top drivers on the senority list are being offered these positions. They have been told that their jobs are not being eliminated. Therefore they are not going to receive a severance package if they decide not to take these positions. They also are not being offered to relocate under the dovetail policy. They can apply for a transfer, but they will lose all senority. These new linehaul runs being offered to the top 4 are not the high paying bids they are used to having, and will result in a 400.00 - 500.00 a week loss in wages. It is hard to find a happy camper in our neck of the woods.
Fed Ex can save $$$ on benifits, pensions (if that actually materializes) and vacations, etc., if older employes with senority, and many years of loyal dedication and comitment will just quit.

More to come!!!!

:hide: This is just the start,more to come i'd allmost bet on it.I'm not being negative here is just reallity BIG BUSINESS doing whatever it feel's like doing to fit their Business formula.:Bondage: :beerchug: :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

I was just wondering a few things:

1. Are they going to pay these employee's
moving expense's to this change?

2. Are the affected employee's going to
keep their company senority and bump
into the barns they transfer too?

I am not trying to start anything just curious how FedEx is handling this!!

The Co. info said that housing in Beaver Ut. avg. price $88,000.00 . I looked on the internet and found only 1 house for $75,000.00 a real fix-er- upper over 90 years old. Most were $250,000.00 and above.
Same story in Mt. Home Id. Company said avg. price $125,000.00 not what I found on the internet.
Good luck to those of you who transfer.

:hide: This is just the start,more to come i'd allmost bet on it.I'm not being negative here is just reallity BIG BUSINESS doing whatever it feel's like doing to fit their Business formula.:Bondage: :beerchug: :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

I was told that this is phase one. Phase two will be office personell and dispatchers. All office personell at our barn are extreamly worried about layoff's.

why not get rid of some dispatchers that won't do there job. I would be nice to have equipment that was repaired right the first time,so you don't set along the road for five hours to be repaired again, then to call in to be put up and running to find out someone didn't put you down to start with.

why not get rid of some dispatchers that won't do there job. I would be nice to have equipment that was repaired right the first time,so you don't set along the road for five hours to be repaired again, then to call in to be put up and running to find out someone didn't put you down to start with.

Just remember to CYA. Always get that breakdown # when you are back up.
:smilie_132: :smilie_132: :smilie_132:

I was told that this is phase one. Phase two will be office personell and dispatchers. All office personell at our barn are extreamly worried about layoff's.

M y question about phase one is, How much tweaking of phase one is there likely to be? I mean, I'm at one of the gaining terminals and should be able to hold a pretty good run. Do you think that they'll stick with the lane restructuring for a while and give it a chance to work or will they restructure and/or cancel bids on a whim if the freight's not immediately there?

I am sure this will be the basic runs. They have study it and run it in their computers. As far as fine tuning it only thing i think will happen is adding runs as the freight demands but then they could use out side carriers for that. ONE thing that will happen is we wont run empty. I do alot of that now. they will cut the run. Read some of the FXF stuff

I am sure this will be the basic runs. They have study it and run it in their computers. As far as fine tuning it only thing i think will happen is adding runs as the freight demands but then they could use out side carriers for that. ONE thing that will happen is we wont run empty. I do alot of that now. they will cut the run. Read some of the FXF stuff
FXF runs empties.

you guys might be running our empties, already running our new trailer deliveries.

Interesting how a big Hub like Hartford is being drastically downsized. Isnt another FedEx company having some major issues with labor in the same city? I don't believe in coincidences. I am sure this is a statement or FedEx doesnt want the same issues with the employees. Just my view....mahalo

The Co. info said that housing in Beaver Ut. avg. price $88,000.00 . I looked on the internet and found only 1 house for $75,000.00 a real fix-er- upper over 90 years old. Most were $250,000.00 and above.
Same story in Mt. Home Id. Company said avg. price $125,000.00 not what I found on the internet.
Good luck to those of you who transfer.

My daughter is in the Air Force stationed in Mountain Home, they close on there new home on June 13 th . 3bdr 2 bath 3 car garage, 1500 sq ft $220,000.00 ouch:hide:

Seems like they should have a choice of taking it or transferring.. See management thinks that a 40 hour week is a good thing or a 1000 a week is ok

Some supervisors don't even make 1000 a week. Thats why they consider a driver making a grand a week will be allright.