FedEx Freight | 100 Workers Affected By Decision Will Get Opportunity To Relocate

Interesting how a big Hub like Hartford is being drastically downsized. Isnt another FedEx company having some major issues with labor in the same city? I don't believe in coincidences. I am sure this is a statement or FedEx doesnt want the same issues with the employees. Just my view....mahalo

I haven't heard anything about this. I believe it is merely a cost cutting issue. It's all about the bottom line.

We're all doomed!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder if they're going to downsize the smaller terminals in Ohio? Cinci supposed to get freight from them that is passing us by now. Suppose to start on the 23rd. I'll believe it when I can go back to work!

When and if you guys in cinci start seeing the freight again just make sure those loads are cubed out nice with plenty of dunnage. Out here in the west the cinci loads tend to be tipped over and smashed or punctured. I see alot of punctured and smashed Sony big screens that look like they've originated in Pittsburg. I hope the 2nd wave of layoffs isnt that bad.

When and if you guys in cinci start seeing the freight again just make sure those loads are cubed out nice with plenty of dunnage. Out here in the west the cinci loads tend to be tipped over and smashed or punctured. I see alot of punctured and smashed Sony big screens that look like they've originated in Pittsburg. I hope the 2nd wave of layoffs isnt that bad.
Tell me about it. Sony loads were going to a select few on different shifts. Then they started handing them out to anyone. They usually save most of them for a third shift guy who does 3 or more a night over the weekends but then they get behind and hand to the people who don't care about the freight. What can you do. The rules change from week to week depending on the flow.

Just heard from a buddy at work that next Thursday night and all day Friday will be the "everything you want to know will get answered" meetings. Supposed to tell you everything that's going on and what's going to happen. Just letting everyone know incase you haven't heard yet.

Just heard from a buddy at work that next Thursday night and all day Friday will be the "everything you want to know will get answered" meetings. Supposed to tell you everything that's going on and what's going to happen. Just letting everyone know incase you haven't heard yet.

Can someone find out the meaning of life for me??

Thanks
FM

A reason for the Hartford closure?

Transport Topics Online | FedEx, Teamsters at Odds Over Conn. Vote

I remember the Albany terminal was closed for the same reason, and why the Shaumberg / Chicago therminals were 100% owner operater.
Watkins isn't dead, it's draped in shades of purple now.

Hey, T2000 are you taking pictures of the broken freight?
Take pictures, turn'em in, go up the chain of command if you have too.
I'm sure there are people on this board connected to operations that can help.
Claims affects everybody, so they tell us.