FedEx Freight | 1000 trailers going from FXFE to National

Seven Eleven

TB Lurker
Credits
Saw this on an inter-company memo. We are giving 1000 pup trailers with decking systems to FXNL.

This will bring FXNL's decking trailers to 47% of their fleet total.

were did you see this memo..i havent seen it, not to mention they have been updating there fleet with new trailers why would we get rid of ours when we at freight need them, we have been buying new trailers and so has National, so what pups are they getting the old worn out ones ???

keepin it in the fam.

Saw this on an inter-company memo. We are giving 1000 pup trailers with decking systems to FXNL.

Nationals got at least a 1000 that need to be scrapped. To many from up north full of rust, from the roof to the rims. You know National will be charged a premium price, payable to Freight. I'd like to know what Freight got for the old repainted million mile AF tractors the sent to National.

We are giving 1000 pup trailers with decking systems to FXNL.

This is fact. I heard it straight from the SCM's mouth last week on the dock during a A$% reaming!
so what pups are they getting the old worn out ones ???

Brand new shiny ones from what I understand

I'd like to know what Freight got for the old repainted million mile AF tractors the sent to National

Those my friend are high quality machines...Yet when I drove one as a former P&D driver I thought I was in the lap of luxury compared to the old conway beater I was used to driving!

Now I am in LH and have a new sleek Volvo!

SO

That's good news for you!
That means you have less
trailers to sweep out!

sweeping.jpg

Your Pal,

F U F

i wonder if they gave up pw2 thats the lowest number i have ever seen. years ago i saw a swing door bullet nosed pup too that was a ugly pup back in the af days

They've already sold a bunch to FXN, anytime you pass one look at the mudflaps. Most of the FXN pups have white ones while the FXF ones have black. Of course there are some exceptions but most are in the 17xxx to 18xxx number range.

roog

apologies

Those my friend are high quality machines...Yet when I drove one as a former P&D driver I thought I was in the lap of luxury compared to the old conway beater I was used to driving!

Now I am in LH and have a new sleek Volvo!

ok, ok. Sorry, I sort of a blew a fuse.:hide:

i know they are sending alot of the older pups out of richmond,va
to either ind or cgo to have them scrapped.

True,,,, they are going to a big grinder,,,, to be recycled.... We have loaded a bunch of them...... Alot of "G" wagons,,, (40') but older pups too.... Sure see alot of new equipment now days,,,,,,, I've got to say thats DANG GOOD in an economy like this.......... Hopefully and so far,,, our 'leaders' are not running us into the ground, like the big corps on the news...... I have to believe the FEDEX Corp will be around a long time.... I hope I'm right, because I'm betting my family's welfare on it..........

I was told today when I asked that we @ NTL will be getting 700 NEW trailers that freight didn't want or need on top of the 1000 that we are already getting. Also that NTL will be getting rid of all of the 12000 and most of the 13000 series of junk. I think that brings the total of new trailers at NTL to about 2500-3000 in the last 2 years.( Not to bad for a company that was going to be shut down 2 years ago.) LOL

I was told today when I asked that we @ NTL will be getting 700 NEW trailers that freight didn't want or need on top of the 1000 that we are already getting. Also that NTL will be getting rid of all of the 12000 and most of the 13000 series of junk. I think that brings the total of new trailers at NTL to about 2500-3000 in the last 2 years.( Not to bad for a company that was going to be shut down 2 years ago.) LOL

joe bucker :1036316054:

I think that ..........
FXNL is ramping up capacity in order to absorb freight that YRCW is giving up in their consolidation of Yellow and Roadway. The first step is a 30% shrinkage and if the economy doesn't recover anytime soon then YRCW may be history.

:smilie_132:

joe bucker :1036316054:

I think that ..........
FXNL is ramping up capacity in order to absorb freight that YRCW is giving up in their consolidation of Yellow and Roadway. The first step is a 30% shrinkage and if the economy doesn't recover anytime soon then YRCW may be history.

:smilie_132:

There is no way...as presently configured...that FXNL can absorb alot of YRCW's freight. It would be a complete DISASTER if YRCW went under because they control 25% of all LTL shipments. Look at it like this: 1 in 4 of all tendered LTL shipments ride on a YRCW branded trailor.

You're right, tho FXNL may be seeing some diversions of YRCW freight as National's market share is slowly but steadily expanding in long-haul. Bill count is steady because of the economy, tho.

The main problem with National is DAMAGES because only 50% of their pups are beam trailers equipped with loading racks. People at Freight are NOT happy right now with FXNL because we tendered some West Coast freight to them from accounts we won and they DESTROYED it. The customer then gave that freight to ABF...so these hard-fought accounts went from Freight to National to ABF...so ABF is getting a free ride at our expense. This company FXNL is a ****ing joke!!!

The main problem with National is DAMAGES because only 50% of their pups are beam trailers equipped with loading racks. People at Freight are NOT happy right now with FXNL because we tendered some West Coast freight to them from accounts we won and they DESTROYED it. The customer then gave that freight to ABF...so these hard-fought accounts went from Freight to National to ABF...so ABF is getting a free ride at our expense. This company FXNL is a ****ing joke!!!

He's right on....I have had several customers tell me the same thing. Good paying freight that used be be on a Freight truck went on a National truck for less money, only to end up on an ABF truck because National destroyed the freight.

I thought this was a thread discussing the moving of 1000 trailers from freight to national. Not a Bash National thread I think that should be started someplace else!

This company FXNL is a ****ing joke!!!

There is no way...as presently configured...that FXNL can absorb alot of YRCW's freight. It would be a complete DISASTER if YRCW went under because they control 25% of all LTL shipments. Look at it like this: 1 in 4 of all tendered LTL shipments ride on a YRCW branded trailor.

You're right, tho FXNL may be seeing some diversions of YRCW freight as National's market share is slowly but steadily expanding in long-haul. Bill count is steady because of the economy, tho.

I would like to see the link to your numbers regarding YRC's freight volume. The only way to take on this load is to add equipment and manpower. So this is why you see the shift in equipment(probably) I know when Watkins was bought out by FedEx there were a lot of customers that went elsewhere for the shipping due to uncertainty some came back some didn't. And you must not have been in this business back when the big strike occurred! If something like a shutdown were to occur at YRC I would like to think that between FedEx and UPS we could cover it and everybody would be happy!

As far as the your top quote is concerned I think I have have seen numerous posts regarding the damage of freight on this board and most of the individual sections for most of the carriers! So why don't you bash somebody else!

in the end there was purple and brown!

I think that ..........

+1 there River

National Driver here in team run to east coast. Love all the new trailers I am pulling. Like the thread is saying I dont see too many of the rag trailers that watkins had. I very seldom see an old watkins trailer. Cant comment on the freight damage as i never see it just drop and hook and boogie. They still hiring wild card (go where the freight needs to move) teams Lot of openings still.