TForce | 107 bills hit the street Today and we just lost a big account.

ibamars

TB Lurker
Credits
So apparently the rumor here is this. This is nuts.

So, one of our drivers were making a delivery. A yellow driver was making a delivery at the same place. The Yellow driver says to our driver hey thanks for giving us your freight at (such and such a place, business withheld)

Our driver says what are you talking about?

The Yellow driver says, well apparently your terminal manager has a big mouth and pissed off such and such and now they are going to use us (meaning Yellow)

Our driver says no S!@#!!!!!

So we went out with 107 bills on the street today and we lost a big account. Anyone elses terminal manager got a big mouth and making the company lose accounts?

It's a dog eat dog LTL world.
Our TM seems to be pretty good at calming irate customers.
We only lose accounts because of damages, shortages and late deliveries.

Usually its our City Dispatcher that pisses off the customers, lies to them daily. I'll get somewhere with a volume load, the customer will say: "So and so the dispatcher said it was only 3 skids! Not a whole trailer!" Our dispatcher has cussed out customers, one in particular that gives us a full load nightly, even though its ugly freight, if we lost that account we'd be hurting at our terminal...

Usually its our City Dispatcher that pisses off the customers, lies to them daily. I'll get somewhere with a volume load, the customer will say: "So and so the dispatcher said it was only 3 skids! Not a whole trailer!" Our dispatcher has cussed out customers, one in particular that gives us a full load nightly, even though its ugly freight, if we lost that account we'd be hurting at our terminal...

10-4 on the lies. It happens at my barn also.

Your dispatcher should be terminated for cussing out a customer.
Our paychecks are brought to us by our customers.
Without customers we have no work.
No work means no pay.

We are in a service oriented business and there is no excuse for cussing out a customer.

it would be great for our managers to ask how can we be better,how can we stop damage,how can we be on time?do this and our customer base will grow. its sad to me that management is hoping to get freight because some trucking companys are having a hard time.what ever happened to going out and doing a good job.is our management team setting around hoping for some one to go broke instead of standing up and earning that customers trust?i hope we have a better plan than wishing for freight.

it would be great for our managers to ask how can we be better,how can we stop damage,how can we be on time?do this and our customer base will grow. its sad to me that management is hoping to get freight because some trucking companys are having a hard time.what ever happened to going out and doing a good job.is our management team setting around hoping for some one to go broke instead of standing up and earning that customers trust?i hope we have a better plan than wishing for freight.

Dead On!!! :rockon: