ABF | 120 screwing drivers

A

aerobatt

2 drivers were recalled for 2 weeks when ABF knew that 14 would be laid off this weekend due to the elimination of the Weatherford OK relay. Thanks ABF...

2 drivers were recalled for 2 weeks when ABF knew that 14 would be laid off this weekend due to the elimination of the Weatherford OK relay. Thanks ABF...

Why thank ABF? Thank the contract that ties their hands.
Also, thank the OD's and Estes of the world.

the contract protects much more than it hurts georgieshit

i could not imagine what it would be like without it:nutkick:

Stevie, my boy. Tell that to all the Teamster companies that are no longer around. Tell that to YRC Teamies.
Tell that to the non-unions and get them organized.
It is a testament to the ABF management that we are still around--especially after your CAROLINA fiasco.

Stevie, my boy. Tell that to all the Teamster companies that are no longer around. Tell that to YRC Teamies.
Tell that to the non-unions and get them organized.
It is a testament to the ABF management that we are still around--especially after your CAROLINA fiasco.

georgie didn't you learn anything from our last engagement???

my carolina fiasco? how's that?
ark best did the buying not me
yeah you are right it is a testament to abc management as they engineered the "fiasco":nutkick:i remind you to remember who kicked who in the nuts

as far as the since defunct teamster companies are concerned, i guess poor management had nothing to do with it, yeah right
if you do not like being a teamster you can always apply for a supervisor position and put all your teamster woes behind you and start fresh!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:
hopefully you get a supe position in my terminal so we could teach you a few things

Vote And you Have MY VOTE ANYDAY GO FOR IT !!!!

You have my vote go for it !!!

My carolina fiasco? How's that?
Ark best did the buying not me
yeah you are right it is a testament to abc management as they engineered the "fiasco":nutkick:i remind you to remember who kicked who in the nuts

as far as the since defunct teamster companies are concerned, i guess poor management had nothing to do with it, yeah right
if you do not like being a teamster you can always apply for a supervisor position and put all your teamster woes behind you and start fresh!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Hopefully you get a supe position in my terminal so we could teach you a few things

my carolina fiasco? how's that?
ark best did the buying not me

hopefully you get a supe position in my terminal so we could teach you a few things
Stevie,
You couldn't each me jack! But I see you used the term
WE could teach you a lesson. I guess you and your buds would pull some foolishness. I am proud to be a Teamie, but let's face it, they haven't done 'jack' for me. The company pays me and my benefits, so there you go. Accuse me of anything you want, but I am a 'company teamie"

Hey guys remember rule 3 please.

3. Do not resort to childish name calling if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.

That is why we have what is called a change of operations. This is no surprise. This whole thing was approved by the committee, and your local unions time to object has passed.

That is why we have what is called a change of operations. This is no surprise. This whole thing was approved by the committee, and your local unions time to object has passed.

just wanted 2 let you no it happened at 042 to. 6 guys were called back and 11 got laid off today. I was forced on a bid but never got to use it. o well just lucky i can work the dock.

just wanted 2 let you no it happened at 042 to. 6 guys were called back and 11 got laid off today. I was forced on a bid but never got to use it. o well just lucky i can work the dock.

Sorry to hear about that. This has got to be one of the lowest things I've seen this company do In my 4 years of being here. Call somebody back from layoff and working them for a week and then laying them back off plus more is just bullshit. What a way to treat people:ranting2::ranting2:

At 118 They have been doing that for the past 8 months to one of our drivers call him back for a week and lay him off. He also turn down two jobs because the tm told him that he would be back on regular.now he was told this week after 118&89 merge together that he would not be one that would stay.

Carlisle (042)

I worked 2 mos after recall and was laid off again, but thats not the kicker - - - - I was told at 04:00 Saturday I was done/ laid off after returning from a trip. At 01:10 Monday dispatch was calling asking if I wanted to run a trip as a casual. Said no, then @ 15:15 same day they call again asking. Tuesday @ 03:15 they call 4 times on house and cell leaving messages on house and cell each time to call in "I am missing a work call". I refuse to answer phone. Later on Tuesday I rec'd 2 more work calls and finally after almost screaming at dispatch they understand I am not interested in work this week. Boy, is this company screwed up.

For the last few weeks the co. has been using up to 30 casuals from the lay off list. YET they can afford to lay off 11 more in Carlisle because the C.O.O says they have to. We need all layoffs to sit home for just a week and refuse to work and then see what the "MIGHTY FORT" has to say about that. Unfortunately I am using unemployment this week, but at the same time I have a week off in prime vacation season. Look out waterways here I come boating and fishing.

They abf was made to bring back those 2 drivers by the union because of foreign power they were bringing in even if it was for one load

They can do that bud only so many a month if they go over they have to bring a driver back , bud like I said they dont have to keep them