TForce | 12000 Series Recall

Gater

TB Regular
Credits
I heard the 12000 series tractor got recalled and sent back to Volvo. Does anyone know why?:TR10driving03:

In Newburgh. A bunch got sent to the dealer for the EGR valve. We've been getting them fixed at the dealer and sent back. My 12000 has a bad ABS system. The ABS brakes will come on after a few miles. Once the ABS sencor lights up everything is ok. We have a bunch. I think almost all of them have had a problem. And there only a few months old.

My 95 Ford 9000 series tractor with over 1 million miles on it never has this problem!:biglaugh:

but, UPS is saving money, you know...:rolleyes:

Union workers built them to begin with. Our mechanics are doing the EGR recall at our own shops. We had a truck burn to the ground in georgia because of it. Lucky no one got hurt. Did you go through the wheel seal issue?? Thats another fun one. Then yoou got the wiring harness issue that makes the truck possessed.

union workers didnt engineer it any yes i know about all those issues and can tell you my mgr. turned a def ear on all the proper fixes

nightprowler said:
Nothin' beats an OLD mack !!!

You my friend are a die hard....If you can't beat em put on a smile and take their money!!!!! Talking to a UPS package car driver last night, and he told me they took all their new automatics and gave them all old stick shifts!!!!!Gotta love the big company logic.....Oh and it was done so the mechanic would have the same kind of trucks to work on, wouldn't want to stress out the mechanic since he has to get in and out of them 100 or so times a day.......

wassesname said:
i dont believe that "same kind of trucks to work on" thing and i hope you dont either.
Why they are smart to have a uinform fleet.All the parts would be the same. and the process of changing the parts is all the same so it takes less time because it is all the same. what a concecpt.

that is a good concept it would keep inventory down too but the more makes or mfgrs. of equipment you have, if one goes on strike, it wont cripple your fleet.

wassesname said:
i dont believe that "same kind of trucks to work on" thing and i hope you dont either.

Hey just repeating what I heard. That was their excuse of taking away the new equipment. Didn't say I beleive any of it.

ok GT i am sure there is a very good, cost effective reason for doing all mods to equipment. the shops luxury cant be it. 3rd or 4th hand storys arent to reliable.

wassesname said:
that is a good concept it would keep inventory down too but the more makes or mfgrs. of equipment you have, if one goes on strike, it wont cripple your fleet.
Very good point.i never thought of it that way.

wassesname said:
ok GT i am sure there is a very good, cost effective reason for doing all mods to equipment. the shops luxury cant be it. 3rd or 4th hand storys arent to reliable.
i will see you tonight when i drive my 5 cylinder tractor down to see you. later.

wood... if i tell them you need to have your mud flaps rotated and aim your liscence plate light you are sure to get a engine o-haul.

Not sure which truck the hubby is driving except that it is a 2005 Volvo. They had to get a loaner out of Omaha yesterday afternoon. They are having to replace the valve again! That put him about 4 hours late getting home this morning!

wassesname said:
Was only 2nd hand. There were no mdos just putting all standard transmissions in the same building. And sending all the automatic transmission somewhere else. Good reason od not they now have to shift all day and another hub don't.