FedEx Freight | $130

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
So we get $ 130 for uniforms , you can't even get 5 regular short sleeve shirts and 5 long pants , what kind of crap is that ! :hissy:

I noticed they charge more for xxxl. (Here we go kids This aint gonna be pretty.)

Ohh I see Mr. Beerboy you found that out too. :biglaugh:
Did you see that they charge extra for the XL baseball cap too. :nutkick:

Just wear the crap until it looks like sh*t. Or, wear one pair of pants and one shirt all week long. You don't have to smell good, you just have to get your lunch on time.

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=80821.msg835374#msg835374 date=1275770628]
Just wear the crap until it looks like sh*t. Or, wear one pair of pants and one shirt all week long. You don't have to smell good, you just have to get your lunch on time.
[/quote] I have got a rain jacket that a homeless man would be ashamed to wear.

See, u had to be smarter than the employer! I ordered complete set of uniforms every year weather I needed them or not. Now 3 years later, I still have uniforms in boxes. I'm good for another 2 years!!!! Maybe I'll sell my surplus uniforms on eBay! Any bids???? I must admit, I can't wear the size 36's anymore, I need 38's now!!! :d :banana:ance:

[quote author=IslandHillbilly link=topic=80821.msg835457#msg835457 date=1275796572]
See, u had to be smarter than the employer! I ordered complete set of uniforms every year weather I needed them or not. Now 3 years later, I still have uniforms in boxes. I'm good for another 2 years!!!! Maybe I'll sell my surplus uniforms on eBay! Any bids???? I must admit, I can't wear the size 36's anymore, I need 38's now!!! :d :banana:ance:
[/quote]

eBay rules don't allow uniforms to be sold, I tried to sell an old raincoat that my Dad gave me when he retired from BNSF and since it had the current company logo it was removed. :)

roog

Check with your terminal to see if they have any freebie stuff. When someone quits or gets fired, they usually turn in their uniform. Our terminal in KC keeps them and will swap you out your worn out stuff if they have the size you need.

I have read all the treads starting with Smokestacks ranting about short funding for uniforms, to IslandHillbilly who seems to know what to do. The problem is there are different situation for different areas. Example in California, we could order new uniforms every year, but we were required to turn in our old uniforms. I guess like everything else, there is no uniform to the uniform policy. I can understand the problem that Smokestack is having, because 130 bucks will not cover the cost of new uniforms. Probably our uniforms will go the same way of our service has, Shabby. You have to keep in mind we have upper management with large titles who have to ratify their existence. Cost cutting is the easiest way to do this. When you have a large title and you don't product any revenue, you have to be creative. That's my thoughts on this subject. TP

:rant: All I'm saying is that we should be able to buy 5 damn shirts and pants a year. What is the big damn deal , I wear a clean uniform every day and want to look good standing in front of my customers . My lovely wife washes the stuff in the special no fade detergent for blacks and the shirts inside out so as you see she takes great care in making sure that I look neat and clean for work . Let me get 5 and 5 , what the hell it is only $10 more , if ...

[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=80821.msg835350#msg835350 date=1275760472]
So we get $ 130 for uniforms , you can't even get 5 regular short sleeve shirts and 5 long pants , what kind of crap is that ! :hissy:
[/quote]

I've been at york about a month, they told me $160, and the guy hired after me, was given $200, go figure

[quote author=Guardrail link=topic=80821.msg835530#msg835530 date=1275829193]
Check with your terminal to see if they have any freebie stuff. When someone quits or gets fired, they usually turn in their uniform. Our terminal in KC keeps them and will swap you out your worn out stuff if they have the size you need.
[/quote]
Some of our drivers have have done this too, but our CCM used to count those towards the 6 shirts and 6 pants we used to get

[quote author=pa-juggalo

I've been at york about a month, they told me $160, and the guy hired after me, was given $200, go figure ]

:nono: HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK DAMN IT.

You guys might want to check your state laws, because in a lot of sates it is illigel to make an employee buy their uniforms if it required for them to wear them. Granted they give us some money but like smoke said it's nit enough to buy a weeks worth which is BS. Were starting to be run like Walmart.

Years ago when I worked for Estes they gave us 2 shirts and everything else you had to buy. You were required to wear a uniform shirt. We would spend $75 for 3 more shirts and a crappy jacket

Can you claim detergent, electricity and water used for washing the company's uniforms on your taxes as a business expense?

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=80821.msg835824#msg835824 date=1275920235]
Can you claim detergent, electricity and water used for washing the company's uniforms on your taxes as a business expense?
[/quote]

no because you would be washing your Moonbat clothes anyway
2211d1051125073-jimmy-kimmel-peter-pan-peter_stand_large.jpg

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=80821.msg835833#msg835833 date=1275922031]
[quote author=Franklin link=topic=80821.msg835824#msg835824 date=1275920235]
[/quote]

no because you would be washing your Moonbat clothes anyway
2211d1051125073-jimmy-kimmel-peter-pan-peter_stand_large.jpg

[/quote]

You don't know that.