Yellow | 14 hour rule and angry dispatchers

pullintriples

Drink'in purple koo-laid
Credits
Here's a little story about "a nice man" in Meridian.....so I was in Chattanooga and they asked if I had enough time left in the day to make it to Meridian which is 305 miles, I had 5.75 left and said yes figuring it would take about 5.5 with a break and I am from the central confrence and wanted to head home. Took my break, checked my time and was doing pretty good, I was going to arrive in Meridian about 20-30 minutes early, but then got down to exit 17 where they troopers promptly shut the road down for construction, 45 minutes later I was moving again, but running out of time quickly. Got passed the Mississippi scale and made it to the first rest area...14th hour...15 miles short of the terminal. So I call Meridian relay and explained the situation and heard, "so what, bring it on it", to which I said no. "what do you want me to do about it then, find a motel and go to bed" he told. I of course said no, i'm now passed my 14th hour and I am not moving this truck, send someone to pick me and the truck up....respnse-"well I ain't never heard of no ::shit:: like this" and I was hung up on.

When they finally came and picked me up and got back to the Meridian terminal it was easy to figure out who was on the other end of the phone, acting like a damn two year old and cussing like a sailor he says use the damn phone on the wall to call the motel. When I told him I needed .84 clicks for impassable road and .98 for waiting to be picked up I though his head was going to explode. And I stood at the window until he THREW the print out at me.

Just a fun little story about dispatchers that "care" so much about us drivers. After all had there been an accident by going over hours it was me losing my job and going to jail, not this upstanding member of the "Management Team". If I ever go to Meridian again it will be to soon.

Pullintriples, You did exactly the right thing . CYA....cover your a$$ or the company will hand it to you if something ever happens that may be your fault. Very wise decision.

I would file, Call the D.O.T., And call AGO and DEMAND to speak to the V.P. operations and tell him what the little ___________! Said & Did!
There is NO EXCUESE for acting like a 3 YEAR OLD!
I hope someone at AGO is montering this. I would be intrested to see how this plays out!

You did what was suppose to be done...NOW, about the a$$hole in Meridan.....Call HR and file a complaint against him as he VIOLATED "YRC's Mutual Respect Policy" and it will investigated, and the next time your paths cross, it will be MR. Pullintriples that comes from his mouth!
It is YRC's policy for ALL EMPLOYEES, look it up and use it!......KK

I actually sent an email to MR. Smid, you know of the Roadway Smids (that's a joke), detailing pretty much what I laid out in my post.