XPO | 16yr veteran fed up

xanl/h

TB Veteran
Credits
we had 16yr veteran turned in his keys and quit. Said to be fed up w/pt dockworkers and havin to wait for l/h runs. A couple of l/h drivers have been logging origin wait time hoping to get paid for it.

Retire or Quit.Hopefully he retired cause quiting puts him on the bottom of someone else's board.Although if he can afford it(quiting) ,tell him congrats.What seemed to be the problem with dockworkers?Most guys I taked to seem to like the idea of dock workers.I don't care much for the Idea though.Catch yall later.

we had 16yr veteran turned in his keys and quit. Said to be fed up w/pt dockworkers and havin to wait for l/h runs. A couple of l/h drivers have been logging origin wait time hoping to get paid for it.
There are laid-off drivers all over the country reading this and shaking theirs heads in disbelief..

Only the first of many.

Rat

There are laid-off drivers all over the country reading this and shaking theirs heads in disbelief..

There are employed drivers all over the country shaking their heads also.

You are both so correct.

The days of LTL being the epitome of driving careers is essentially over.

Super Johnny, Dyno Doug, and $$$ Bill have purposed in their heads collectively or otherwise they are not going to pay these kind of wages to truck drivers.

I tried for ten years to get hired here. And when I made it I thought I had hit the 'big time'. A good solid company with a solid future, retirement benefits, and a home life.

Now I have this!

Now Super Johnny is outsourcing the IT dept...didn't he learn anything from the experiences of YRC in this matter...OH!!!...wait its all about the money. Another cut to make the 3rd quarter numbers artificially inflated.

When there are no more cuts to be made then what?

How the hell are you going to inflate numbers then?

The paradigm is shifting...it used to be back in the day everyone wanted LTL as a career...but alas that has passed.

Its coming...when one cannot find a decent driving job you revert to LTL....

Thanks John & Co...I love U 2!!!! :tongue0002:

Rat

I think that anyone that has been here for a while will testify that this was a much better company for drivers a long time ago, the thing is that we really don't have anywhere to go and get the same pay we do here. The sad part is that us drivers built this company and we are the ones getting shafted. The pride that I felt when I hired on 15 years ago is now gone. When I look at the type of persons that are coming on now I just shake my head in disbelief. Some of this guys look and act like they were released from prison last week. Conway was a company that had standards. They only wanted the best. Now it seems that they'll hire anybody. Management has no respect for drivers at all. The only choice that is left for us is quit or grin and bear it. I understand the frustation and why a senior man would quit, but the reality is that most of us have bills and kids depending on us . As for me I won't quit, i'll do my job and enjoy watching my kids grow up

I think that anyone that has been here for a while will testify that this was a much better company for drivers a long time ago, the thing is that we really don't have anywhere to go and get the same pay we do here. The sad part is that us drivers built this company and we are the ones getting shafted. The pride that I felt when I hired on 15 years ago is now gone. When I look at the type of persons that are coming on now I just shake my head in disbelief. Some of this guys look and act like they were released from prison last week. Conway was a company that had standards. They only wanted the best. Now it seems that they'll hire anybody. Management has no respect for drivers at all. The only choice that is left for us is quit or grin and bear it. I understand the frustation and why a senior man would quit, but the reality is that most of us have bills and kids depending on us . As for me I won't quit, i'll do my job and enjoy watching my kids grow up

When Jerry was the man we were respected. When you pulled up to the greeter shack you were greeted with"hello Mr.(last name).Now its "going to be a long one" or" don't plan on leaving any time soon.Even the FOS would say hello Mr.###.We worked hard for our money and Jerry rewarded us.Now it's all about the crystal palace and $$$$$$$. :nutkick:

They tell you to report to work at 7pm. At 7pm they say that your loads are not ready YOU have the option of clocking in(if you don't that your fault).They can not tell you NO. I have been through this before with my old dispatcher.

They tell you to report to work at 7pm. At 7pm they say that your loads are not ready YOU have the option of clocking in(if you don't that your fault).They can not tell you NO. I have been through this before with my old dispatcher.

What page is that on in the policy manual.

Thanks in advance...

Rat

If you were going to drive truck this was "the " place to do it! Having seen many of the loads and heard stories, I have to wonder if the part timers are receiving any instruction.

job

remember bringing on extra help means a need for all to help get this organized. i refuse to give up or rant on about changes.this is a very good company and we all need to keep that in mind.i could go on about things but it has all been said before.if your not happy dont quit, get ahold of someone and try to work it out, if its legite go to someone. there are flaws all over the place so put your energy into helping to correct these instead of giving up. it will pay off in the end. enough for now, good luck to everyone

if this what made him quit then he did not like his job much at all it was his choice there will be many drivers in line to take his place

and once he is out there in the real world looking for another job he will see the little bit of wait time and putting up with thr p/t dock workers was the least of his worry

he will also see that con-way was not that bad and he made a huge mistake by letting his emotions get the best of him:shift:

Several said that even tho they lost out on some money and senority, they made up for it with lower blood pressure, weight loss (not overeating from stress) and wish they had done so sooner. I've heard it from guys that left and from others on this board that are now at different companies.

But I'm sure there are those that wish they never left.

remember bringing on extra help means a need for all to help get this organized. i refuse to give up or rant on about changes.this is a very good company and we all need to keep that in mind.i could go on about things but it has all been said before.if your not happy dont quit, get ahold of someone and try to work it out, if its legite go to someone. there are flaws all over the place so put your energy into helping to correct these instead of giving up. it will pay off in the end. enough for now, good luck to everyone
What you are saying is very good in theory. Back in the days of Uncle Jerry it worked the way you mention here. This day and time there are too many SCM's , Dispatchers and so on that don't want any feedback or suggestions from anyone that don't kiss their @ss . I see it more and more locally and also on line haul . The Senior Drivers are getting shafted more and more and treated like ::shit:: . I saw a good example just a couple of days ago. When a driver needs to be scolded or talked to about a mistake or screw up it should be done in private and not in front of other drivers. It should be done behind closed doors.A few days ago I watched a FOS come down on a Senior Driver in front of drivers that had just been with the company a few months trying to make him look bad in front of the new drivers.( The driver mentioned here wasn't even guilty of what he was being jumped about.) Meanwhile , if this same FOS needs to talk to a younger driver he takes them behind closed doors. Right is right and wrong is wrong. The way that drivers are being treated is wrong. A kiss @ss gets away with anything he wants , drives the tractor he wants , milks the clock and gets away with it. Someone who is up front and honest gets ::shit:: on. This same FOS mentioned above has been reported time and time again to the Regional Level and also above the Regional Level. Nothing ever comes from it because this FOS is also a kiss @ss .
I know everything changes with time. Some good and some bad. BUT the majority of changes here in the last 20 plus years has been outrageous. I honestly can't understand how people in the Chrystal Palace can sleep at night. ( Well I guess I really do. Ethics and Morals isn't in their vocabulary)