XPO | 16yr veteran fed up

I just wish he had been from my barn so I could have moved up one!:Flame-On:

hopefully, you were trying to be funny. unfortunately though, and im speaking in terms of my own experience, is that response is usually the predominant one when someone is terminated, retires, or quits.

hopefully, you were trying to be funny. unfortunately though, and im speaking in terms of my own experience, is that response is usually the predominant one when someone is terminated, retires, or quits.

People come and go in this business all the time so that attitude is predominant no matter what logo you work for.

They tell you to report to work at 7pm. At 7pm they say that your loads are not ready YOU have the option of clocking in(if you don't that your fault).They can not tell you NO. I have been through this before with my old dispatcher.

NO you don't. If they call you in and your loads are not ready and they have nothing for you to do, they have to give you a different assignment time and you have to report back then. We went through this at our place and this is what came down from the top. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO PAY YOU. If there is work for you, you can punch in and do it. If they do not, you are on your own time.

It would seem, that if your load is not ready, then they must need help, therefore work is available. Punch in, load trailers, get paid.

no one should be surprised that the power,s that be will screw any employee at con-way.con-way employee,s were used to screw the employee,s at cf out of a job.:shift:

we had 16yr veteran turned in his keys and quit. Said to be fed up w/pt dockworkers and havin to wait for l/h runs. A couple of l/h drivers have been logging origin wait time hoping to get paid for it.
Why wouldn't you log wait time? 70 hours a week isn't enough. I just can't understand it. Truck drivers are just so easy to please...you don't have to give them a raise "just let me work more hours boss yuk, yuk, duh.

too many p/t working split shifts...taking our hours away.... i always do this for entertainment purposes only and does not reflect con-way or my views...just having fun.....

Why wouldn't you log wait time? 70 hours a week isn't enough. I just can't understand it. Truck drivers are just so easy to please...you don't have to give them a raise "just let me work more hours boss yuk, yuk, duh.

I doubt you would be allowed to log wait time without some repercussions from the local management.

From what I have seen it just isn't done!

Any driver would be ostracized for participating in such a behavior.

You are not giving all for the team.

Rat :eck13:

What you are saying is very good in theory. Back in the days of Uncle Jerry it worked the way you mention here. This day and time there are too many SCM's , Dispatchers and so on that don't want any feedback or suggestions from anyone that don't kiss their @ss . I see it more and more locally and also on line haul . The Senior Drivers are getting shafted more and more and treated like ::shit:: . I saw a good example just a couple of days ago. When a driver needs to be scolded or talked to about a mistake or screw up it should be done in private and not in front of other drivers. It should be done behind closed doors.A few days ago I watched a FOS come down on a Senior Driver in front of drivers that had just been with the company a few months trying to make him look bad in front of the new drivers.( The driver mentioned here wasn't even guilty of what he was being jumped about.) Meanwhile , if this same FOS needs to talk to a younger driver he takes them behind closed doors. Right is right and wrong is wrong. The way that drivers are being treated is wrong. A kiss @ss gets away with anything he wants , drives the tractor he wants , milks the clock and gets away with it. Someone who is up front and honest gets ::shit:: on. This same FOS mentioned above has been reported time and time again to the Regional Level and also above the Regional Level. Nothing ever comes from it because this FOS is also a kiss @ss .
I know everything changes with time. Some good and some bad. BUT the majority of changes here in the last 20 plus years has been outrageous. I honestly can't understand how people in the Chrystal Palace can sleep at night. ( Well I guess I really do. Ethics and Morals isn't in their vocabulary)

document,document document. build a file on this person as they would you. people become senoir dsrs. for a reason, because they have been doing things right for a long time. i will not let someone in management walk on me, if an fos has gotten a big head cause he could not make or handle a dsrs job then he needs to be put straight. we have to work together here,not against each other. if there is not respect on both ends it is not going to work