ABF | 18 Sterlings

poptart

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if anyone has spotted any of the new Sterlings? Haven't seen any in my part of the country. Looks like most of the Macks are out and about. Trying to figure out how many packages of hot dogs and marshmallows to buy for the regeneration parties!:biglaugh:

2008 Road Tractors

I haven't heard a delivery date on the Sterlings. The order was late due to the contract not being settled plus the plant in Canada where they are assembled has been on strike.
The pilot model was in Little Rock for the annual dog & pony show,(Road Team, Management etc. meeting) earlier this year. It looked like the 2007 models.

2008 Sterlings

A 2008 Sterling was in Little Rock Saturday. It looked almost identical to the last 2007 models.

Sterling Plants To Close

Dailmer Benz is closing the Sterling assembly plants in Canada & Oregon. The Sterling line will be discontinued but Freightliner & Western Star will still be manufactured. The Freightliner plant in Mexico will manufacture Freightliner. The article is in Transport Topics Tuesday.

i drove an 18 sterling out of 003 the seat is very nice upgraded padding.
When you hit a bump the travel of the seat up has been slowed down you rise slowly.
NICE

Dailmer Benz is closing the Sterling assembly plants in Canada & Oregon. The Sterling line will be discontinued but Freightliner & Western Star will still be manufactured. The Freightliner plant in Mexico will manufacture Freightliner. The article is in Transport Topics Tuesday.

Maybe no more sterlings?

I would love some more Volvo's!

probably end up with all Mack's :<

I say we all start writing letters to ABF and start asking if we do go all Macks to just have them buy them with engine brakes. I don't care what we drive, as long as we have the necessary tools to do our job safely. If we can start a campaign as drivers with non-stop letters to ABF, maybe, just maybe ABF will listen us. Worth a try

Also wouldn't mind going to freightliner like the ones Yellow/Roadway are using now. I hear they like them.