XPO | 19 year old Dockworker

I thought that Conway didn't hire dockworkers just drivers. That's the way its is out here on the left coast anyways. Are things different on the east?

Never say never...

Here at URE we have 5 part time dockworkers on outbound, in addition to the 4 guys who are in the driving school. Several of them will get picked up for the next go around of the CDL school.

We picked up some big accounts and all the city guys working the dock was busting the budget with OT.

Working our dock is a much better 1st job than most of whats open to a 19yr old in terms of pay & advancement

It's also good for the drivers at the bottom of the board. They have far less of a chance of getting ET'd when freight gets slow since the part timers would go first. Also, $13 something an hour, no benifits will be helpful for the reg's at ICP time.

Key statement "Pretty Much"........I know XBO has part-timers and so do a few others. Of course there again a flex guy working 2 to 3 days a week could probably be considered part time also.

Key statement "Pretty Much"........I know XBO has part-timers and so do a few others. Of course there again a flex guy working 2 to 3 days a week could probably be considered part time also.
We have part timers up here and i don't think we could make it with out them.