XPO | 1983-2013 Thirty Years of Con-way - Did you have a celebration? Around here NOTHING

Even for employee appreciation week all we had was a cook out on Thursday. The other days went on as normal. Shows you what they think of us. Yrs prior, it was, icecream, raffles, cookout, breakfast, and prizes. Maybe once they pay off the cameras, they will once again spend money on us........ NOT.
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

Even for employee appreciation week all we had was a cook out on Thursday. The other days went on as normal. Shows you what they think of us. Yrs prior, it was, icecream, raffles, cookout, breakfast, and prizes. Maybe once they pay off the cameras, they will once again spend money on us........ NOT.
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

This is different than in the past.

Even with all of the things we complain and ***** about here , there , and everywhere Con-way usually took care of us as far as cookouts , food , games , prizes , etc.. Now this is one more thing that our company takes a back-seat , me-too approach.

And it does not matter WHAT REGION you are in , we are all the same company est. 1983

They said before I left that all our hot boxes were gonna be replaced by the end of the year. Don't know what the progress is on that, my air conditioned cascadia is out in the parking lot of the hotel right now.

I should've gotten a picture; even OD is hauling our freight now. OD was on the yard today..he was there for several minutes. IDK what he was doing...probably picking something up, being that it was 17:30

I should've gotten a picture; even OD is hauling our freight now. OD was on the yard today..he was there for several minutes. IDK what he was doing...probably picking something up, being that it was 17:30

We wasn't getting paid overtime I can tell you that

If we are " All the same company est.1983" why then are we not treated the same why!!! Things are unfair across the board East coast to West coast and North to the South, ask the average Joe driver that is in the middle rank of service an the answer will be just a JOB!!!

They said before I left that all our hot boxes were gonna be replaced by the end of the year. Don't know what the progress is on that, my air conditioned cascadia is out in the parking lot of the hotel right now.

I can tell ya what I was doing... A gravy 544 mile meet and turn for $.53/mile!

I'm really happy for you that you have found your dream job! You really should tone down the boasting however, it makes you look like a douche bag.

Ya know...good for you, you done better than Con-Way, please be a little more gracious.

I'm really happy for you that you have found your dream job! You really should tone down the boasting however, it makes you look like a douche bag.

Ya know...good for you, you done better than Con-Way, please be a little more gracious.

Never met an actual od driver face to face that bragged about driving for od.

Just wait. The honeymoon will end eventually. I bet at some point he was excited about Con-Way too. But Beer started a thread for ex and future ex employees. Maybe he should stay there or at the OD board now. Not to be a *****, but doesn't that make sense?

What does the three day weekend have to do with it. A short week equals more ot. Got 26 hours ot this week. You're doing it wrong.

Con-way in the South doesn't get OT 'til after 50. we're not like the rest of con-way, who get OT after 8 hrs., like your company.

So, short week, short pay..

GT, not really a big deal; we like our ex-employees ( there are so many). And I think many a Con-way will tell you, that .53/m, aint nothing to write home about. All the LTL's are higher..evern higher than us in the south, at .544/m. But anyways, I think you not having any panties on is a bigger deal...:hide:

Just wait. The honeymoon will end eventually. I bet at some point he was excited about Con-Way too. But Beer started a thread for ex and future ex employees. Maybe he should stay there or at the OD board now. Not to be a *****, but doesn't that make sense?

The thread I started was more of a joke than anything. And your not being a *****; nobody should talk about what they make or how many hours they work....you could end up the fool..just sayin'

I wasn't trying to be mean, I have seen people brag about this and that then have it turn sour, then they have to come back with their tail between their legs, its just bad karma far as I'm concerned, so sorry Songremainsthesame I should have worded that different. Being excited is great but throwing it up in everyones face will just bring a guy bad juju.

We never know what life will bring, ya may have to return to Con-Way, thats what I told my buddy when he quit Sysco, he did a little bragging but just a little, he knew we didn't want to hear it.

Best of luck over there Song and sorry again for being a dick.

No worries y'all. I don't plan on going back to Con-way, ever, but like you said you never know what life will bring. And btw, $.53 isn't top, that's just what I started at. $.572 is top which I'll get to in 2 years.

Never met an actual od driver face to face that bragged about driving for od.

Guess you were at the wrong places, I haven't met anyone yet that doesn't like what they're doing over here. And before you spout off with that "maybe they're scared to talk" crap, I have seen nothing anywhere that remotely makes me think I can't speak my mind if I've got a problem. Unlike some companies, it appears that our management actually listens to its employees.