XPO | 1st inning

conwaypast

TB Lurker
Credits
With the economy in horrible shape and many of our best economists saying it's going to get worse and it may be years until this downward spiral levels off, do you think this is the first wave of layoffs/closing of terminals within conway? I think this is the 1st inning of a horrible economy that will not start to gain any momentum for at least 4-5 years. When UPS freight started I knew it was going to change the face of LTL and it has. YRC has got major issues and it's going to be more layoffs/closings on within that organization and I feel fedex will be next on the list. In my opinion there will be many more closings for conway and every other ltl company if they want to survive in this economy. The housing market is going to continue to fall and with a new democratic white house, they are going to hurt the economy by the continuation of bailouts/stimulus packages. Let it be known I am independant with my votes. I just think we should let this recession(borderline depression and it still could end up there) run it's course and let the credit/housing market crash until the average home value is back to what it should be based on the medium income. Before 2001 the average home cost was around 100k in 2005 at the peak of this insane economy it was 245k. The problem is incomes have been going in the negative direction. We basically had our whole economy flowing off money from overinflated housing values. When the values get back to normal, so does the economy. But what do I know I am just a dumb old guy with a CDL and a college degree.:funky: