TForce | 1st interview today.

SickWithIt

TB Lurker
Credits
Had my 1st interview today in wet S.Indiana,for a fulltime city driver @ UPSF. It seem to go well
all 20 minutes of it. Should I have gave a resume? What should I do? Thank you in advance.;)

SickWithIt said:
Had my 1st interview today in wet S.Indiana,for a fulltime city driver @ UPSF. It seem to go well
all 20 minutes of it. Should I have gave a resume? What should I do? Thank you in advance.;)

Was going to say something highly sarcastic about baby sitting the phone but I won't. All I will say is GOOD LUCK. Welcome aboard, now you are employed by the great UPS.
Dont worry about the resume, if you had a good interview you should be good to go.

Was going to say something highly sarcastic about baby sitting the phone but I won't. All I will say is GOOD LUCK. Welcome aboard, now you are employed by the great UPS.
Dont worry about the resume, if you had a good interview you should be good to go.
I was told that I will be afternoon call-in. Hoping that the spring/summer months coming up will be very busy and I as well. If put on board, I'll give it a chance
thanks for your reply.SWI

Sickwithit, are you talking about Evansville terminal?

Dont hold your expectations too high. Its a good job and a good company but the first couple years are rough. I have 3.5 years in and Im still on call. Ive worked 5 days since the new year.

Yes BubbaSkinner the Evansville terminal!! Only 5 days since new year, if you dont mind me asking. How are you surviving dude?

Yes BubbaSkinner the Evansville terminal!! Only 5 days since new year, if you dont mind me asking. How are you surviving dude?

I have a second job. Im in Indy. We are a lot bigger than Evansville...But maybe you will have better luck at a smaller terminal.

I have a second job. Im in Indy. We are a lot bigger than Evansville...But maybe you will have better luck at a smaller terminal.
I here ya, Indy is hugh, E-ville cant compare. So I dont think I'll have better luck. No one called from there today,
so if and when they do I'll be sure about what to do. I worked out of INDY for while in 2007 at Yellow very busy metropolis
if your not busy there, whats that say about here, thanks for the insight BUbbaSkinner.SWI

Sounds like you need to get after your salespeople pretty bad...

Sickwithit, are you talking about Evansville terminal?

Dont hold your expectations too high. Its a good job and a good company but the first couple years are rough. I have 3.5 years in and Im still on call. Ive worked 5 days since the new year.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

I here ya, Indy is hugh, E-ville cant compare. So I dont think I'll have better luck. No one called from there today,
so if and when they do I'll be sure about what to do. I worked out of INDY for while in 2007 at Yellow very busy metropolis
if your not busy there, whats that say about here, thanks for the insight BUbbaSkinner.SWI

Indy really isnt that big of a terminal. It should be, but its not. All the other LTLs have major terminals in Indy because of the location (crossroads of America), but we have a dinky little 88 door terminal with hardly any yard space.

Sounds like you need to get after your salespeople pretty bad...

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Its been like this for a year now. Last summer, which is our busy season, I barely worked. A lot of guys barely worked. The summer before that I was working 60 hours a week.

Indy really isnt that big of a terminal. It should be, but its not. All the other LTLs have major terminals in Indy because of the location (crossroads of America), but we have a dinky little 88 door terminal with hardly any yard space.
At yrcf in indy thats a 200 door terminal or really close to that number. Hey on the UPS web site they have my file closed
and they have local driver next to my name, but I applied for city driver. What's the differance? Thanks SWI

At yrcf in indy thats a 200 door terminal or really close to that number. Hey on the UPS web site they have my file closed
and they have local driver next to my name, but I applied for city driver. What's the differance? Thanks SWI

City driver and local driver is the same position, just a different name.

UPS Freight has 2 classifications of drivers. City/local drivers, and road/linehaul drivers. Road drivers are the ones you see pulling doubles every night and they never go to customers, they only go from one UPS Freight terminal to another.

BubbaSkinner said:

UPS Freight has 2 classifications of drivers. City/local drivers, and road/linehaul drivers. Road drivers are the ones you see pulling doubles every night and they never go to customers, they only go from one UPS Freight terminal to another.

Ummm I see customers for half my day and pull doubles the second half. Never say never, this is ups.

Ah darn I thought it was going to be more special LOL.

Thanks Casanova I can use some of that. I'm trying to stay busy while I wait for
2cd call, I was actually doing yard work when the 1st call. My wife picked up on
it and yelled out to me its Upsf.SWI