XPO | 1st Qtr Numbers

The LTL segment posted an 89.6% adjusted operating ratio, which was 70 basis points worse y/y.

As a percentage of revenue, the wages and benefits line was 260 bps higher, mostly due to wage increases. Head count in the quarter was down 1% sequentially. XPO plans to reduce staff by a larger percentage in the second quarter and through the rest of the year. It expects to achieve $50 million in labor cost reductions, two-thirds of which will be in its LTL unit, by the third quarter.

The LTL segment posted an 89.6% adjusted operating ratio, which was 70 basis points worse y/y.

As a percentage of revenue, the wages and benefits line was 260 bps higher, mostly due to wage increases. Head count in the quarter was down 1% sequentially. XPO plans to reduce staff by a larger percentage in the second quarter and through the rest of the year. It expects to achieve $50 million in labor cost reductions, two-thirds of which will be in its LTL unit, by the third quarter.
Won't have to worry about cutting staff many walking out the door
SCM at XWC walk out Wed

Better add some more in the XHG region
We were messed up forever . They over hired through the school so now we have an excess. I’m going to flat out say that the school is not the answer for us in our location because we can’t get quality employees. They can get them to legally obtain a license but they can’t put work ethic in them. I said it before just like any other profession you need to attract experienced to win the race.

We were messed up forever . They over hired through the school so now we have an excess. I’m going to flat out say that the school is not the answer for us in our location because we can’t get quality employees. They can get them to legally obtain a license but they can’t put work ethic in them. I said it before just like any other profession you need to attract experienced to win the race.

Attracting quality employees is never going to happen with these guys. Not sure what the trainers are out by you but that in itself is a whole other topic. Personally I think every driver trainer should be on salary. Let’s face it..they don’t want to drive - that’s why they are training.

Attracting quality employees is never going to happen with these guys. Not sure what the trainers are out by you but that in itself is a whole other topic. Personally I think every driver trainer should be on salary. Let’s face it..they don’t want to drive - that’s why they are training.
Agree. It takes drivers from the available driver pool. They are in the head count of drivers when management looks at driver to freight ratios .