XPO | 2 hr backup AGAIN!!!!!!!

I have to interject for a bit. White Shirt is a guy just like you and I, thing is he is in a different job, you all can't see his point of view and he cain't see yours!

On the FXF board a real good supervisor got run off these boards, everyone hated on him because they didn't understand him, or his point of view. WS is just like you and me, he has a family, likes his hobbies, loves life, he just has a different job, mgmt and labor have been at odds since the dawn of time. Why not try and take something from one another?

I am a super duper union guy and I can still see the man doesn't mean you harm, we drivers do whine like little scolded bitches, in my life I'm trying to change that. I don't want to be known as someone that behaves that way.

I have to interject for a bit. White Shirt is a guy just like you and I, thing is he is in a different job, you all can't see his point of view and he cain't see yours!

On the FXF board a real good supervisor got run off these boards, everyone hated on him because they didn't understand him, or his point of view. WS is just like you and me, he has a family, likes his hobbies, loves life, he just has a different job, mgmt and labor have been at odds since the dawn of time. Why not try and take something from one another?

I am a super duper union guy and I can still see the man doesn't mean you harm, we drivers do whine like little scolded bitches, in my life I'm trying to change that. I don't want to be known as someone that behaves that way.

I get his point of view. I've been on the other side in the military where i had to tell guys I went to boot camp with to take the trash out. It's a tough spot to be in. Or have two buttholes on a Monday morning because a PFC in your fireteam got a DUI, but you are getting reamed for it too. Supervise is the most important step they say in BAMCIS.
But some supervisors are miserable and I know they are under marching orders that trickle down from the Parthenon and make others' life miserable too. We both have orders, drivers move the freight, sups, supervise, so overall he doesnt bother me and we all have our opinions on things.

You may be just another guy, but your position for the most part does nothing but makes a driver's job more difficult and unenjoyable. This probably isn't your aim when going into work everyday but it happens. You probably have problem children drivers that make your job miserable too. Corporate dictates what numbers you must generate that are acceptable, and the numbers dictate everything. Most of what's been unloaded out of the crystal palace in the last several years seems, to the driver, to be counterintuitive to common sense and does nothing but make his life miserable at work. That's why you get hated on.
That goes both ways. Drivers make my day hell all the time. Sometimes on purpose and sometimes just due to stupidity.

That goes both ways. Drivers make my day hell all the time. Sometimes on purpose and sometimes just due to stupidity.

I don't doubt that in the least. All I was saying is that in my time on this forum I don't think I've ever seen you side with the hourly employees on any issue. I might be wrong, and if I am I apologize. Supervisors are put in a hard place at Con-way, and I don't envy your position. But if you can't have perspective and see "our" side of things as well then wonder why management gets "hated on" then I'm not really sure what to tell you.

LOL, as a DSR I could say the same. Mostly though out of stupidity on the white shirts part, not knowing they're people. You need to learn your people and listen to those that know what they are doing and ignore the dumb a$$es. One time I told an inbound FOS that if he put "that" shipment(a construction job) on me chances were good I wouldn't be able to get it off as I was on a peddle. I got the normal "oh you can do it". Well I wasn't able to get it off, like I knew would happen. Because of that shipment I couldn't get 5 others off. Next day me and the SCM had a little pow wow. Told him I never thought I would have a 8 to 5 job. He says what do you mean? Told him I left out with 8 deliveries and brought 5 back, with no pick ups. Oh yea the **** hit the fan, but after that the FOS had better hearing. Imagine that.
:Off-Topic:

hey, if we had any smarts we'd be able to get and hold a decent job. Trucking is the best some of us can do. That doesn't exactly mean we can do it the best. Just that better is unobtainable.

Why do drivers insist on hating all management? I'm just another guy like you guys. But you all whine too much.
There is alot of whining on here yes I will give you that BUT Because of the amount of lies that have been told to us by management it gets old .. and no you are not a regular guy like us ... you sit on that holier than thou persona that you achieve to conceive on here. You have reaped what you have sown. I personally have no use for or your opinions ..

And if you were a smart supervisor you would keep an eye on the "dumb drivers" so they would not ruin your day ... yes it does go both ways ... I have seen more idiot supervisors than smart ones .. the smart ones MOVE ON

While I don't generally agree with whiteshirt, I do believe that perspective from the other side of the counter isn't always a bad thing. Open dialog between management and drivers is what truly gets things done, not saag boards and swi's and loi's and most of what is spewed forth from xgo these days.

I also blame management for that too. There are too many drivers in this company that shouldn't have a job here. Lazy, do the least they can. You complain about it to management because it makes your job harder and more work for you. What happens? in one ear and out the other. I don't have much good to say about this management.

Chad????!!!
You love XCW cause, they shut the water off, and the toilets look like a bowl of raisins? And that is no joke. Its obvious someone is paying off the health department. Or if nothing else, sleeping with them. But don't you worry the so called assistant terminal D.C. will be running the company at some point.