XPO | 2 HR backup Friday

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
What the hell. It was posted on Tuesday. We don't even need a backup at all. How are the dumbasses running this company know how much freight we are going to have 4 days ahead? All it is a hope. There was some guys at the reship talking that we should have a sick day call off on Friday. I think it it a good idea.

There used to be a 2 hour back up every friday, maybe they should go back to it , that way everyone would know what they are in for when they bid linehaul.

Funny how everytime this happens someone gets their panties in a bunch, suck it up & don't make plans that happen before saturday evening.

It could be the end of the year, for all i care, 1 hr backup its good enough. I hate line haul. Only 6 more months to put up with it.
I lovex xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

It could be the end of the year, for all i care, 1 hr backup its good enough. I hate line haul. Only 6 more months to put up with it.
I lovex xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

I wish some of our line drivers felt like you did, that way I might actually have a chance to get on it and get out of the city!!

OK, lets look at it this way. The company said with the handhelds it will make the whole operation faster. It has. They have also steamlined other aspects of the operation city and linehaul. If that is the case where they too Con-Way operational wise to A modern operation, why are they still using a 2 hour delay that is un-needed from the 1990's? That's my point. Everything they have done lately is faster, except something that pertains to the drivers.

OK, lets look at it this way. The company said with the handhelds it will make the whole operation faster. It has. They have also steamlined other aspects of the operation city and linehaul. If that is the case where they too Con-Way operational wise to A modern operation, why are they still using a 2 hour delay that is un-needed from the 1990's? That's my point. Everything they have done lately is faster, except something that pertains to the drivers.
Nothing is faster...inbound late... outbound late.. FAC gonna run late...fix it all on Friday..with late everything.. and plenty of runs on Saturday..

What the hell. It was posted on Tuesday. We don't even need a backup at all. How are the dumbasses running this company know how much freight we are going to have 4 days ahead? All it is a hope. There was some guys at the reship talking that we should have a sick day call off on Friday. I think it it a good idea.

Friday would be the easiest day to cover..they would have all weekend to move the freight. Do it one Monday night if your gonna do it

Put your big girl panties on and act like a man, but dont let your mouth make a check that your ass cant cash!:LMAO:

I can't wait till we have a 2hr backup and with that new 30 min lunch rule. I'll just tell my family, "see you Sunday when i walk out the for Friday night
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

Zoom , zoom!!! Strap in all freight. Drop Safe Stack bars and find dunnage. Put wood all around that tote - EVEN WHEN IT"S ON THE DOCK. It hasn't been reweighed?!! Reweigh it and make sure you strap it in AND put dunnage around it , and place placards on the trailer. Wait a minute , this needs to be inspected one more time. Is there a problem? Oh , okay the handhelds are down - 45 minutes later - they're up? You're just waiting for the circle to stop spinning so you can log in - another 10 minutes.

It's a good thing we've adjusted some of our tractors for more torque to make up the difference , whew!

I think they forgot to adjust ours. Talked to a guy that has one and he says it pulls like crap, worse than the old one. Plus, now we've got trucks in service that our shops haven't had any training on. How smart is that?

I think they forgot to adjust ours. Talked to a guy that has one and he says it pulls like crap, worse than the old one. Plus, now we've got trucks in service that our shops haven't had any training on. How smart is that?

they increased the torque but cut the rpms...cant go above 1600 rpm..wth. How am I supposed to pull hills with a 40K set...morons!

Here at Con-Way , being a leader isn't always fun. In the next few months our drivers will be leading the industry again with our new "Slow down to save up!" program. As we turn the torque up on our tractors , we will turn down the top speed to 52mph. Once again , leading the industry in fuel savings.

Once we our entire fleet is turned down to 52mph , the next phase begins - we will roll out new departure times that build on the success of our 2 hour backup. That's right , you asked , we listened. 5 days of 2 hour backups!

As we speak our management and sales teams are working with our customers to make sure they are happy with our new and improved service times. Remember , " It's not late for today , it's early for tomorrow. Con-Way."

Here at Con-Way , being a leader isn't always fun. In the next few months our drivers will be leading the industry again with our new "Slow down to save up!" program. As we turn the torque up on our tractors , we will turn down the top speed to 52mph. Once again , leading the industry in fuel savings.

Once we our entire fleet is turned down to 52mph , the next phase begins - we will roll out new departure times that build on the success of our 2 hour backup. That's right , you asked , we listened. 5 days of 2 hour backups!

As we speak our management and sales teams are working with our customers to make sure they are happy with our new and improved service times. Remember , " It's not late for today , it's early for tomorrow. Con-Way."
That's pretty good right there ..funny.

WOW I am proud to see someone understands lean.