Yellow | 2 million reasons to vote yes

slavenomore

TB Legend
Credits
Last I checked there are 2 million truckdrivers in this country. Its our job to look out for the trade. You can't look out for the trade minus the 22000 union guys on the battlefield. Numbers is what wasfought for aand lack of numbers is why we're weak. We only hurt ourselves and the trade by closing it with a no vote. I hear that some local leaders support a no vote. I'd like to see there numbers posted so we could ask what they are thinking when some have been told the place would close and 22000 teamsters lose their jobs. 22000 lay down and give up and leave their post.
Soon no working man will make any money. We hold no cards. The big shots hold them all. There aren't better jobs and without union numbers time is ticking on those which are close. Numbers is what makers for a strong contract. And giving 22000 away is the worst thing we could do IMO.

Hold your ground!
With a yes.
No laying down.
No running away and leaving your post.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MShWnTlP60E

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I checked there are 2 million truckdrivers in this country. Its our job to look out for the trade. You can't look out for the trade minus the 22000 union guys on the battlefield. Numbers is what wasfought for aand lack of numbers is why we're weak. We only hurt ourselves and the trade by closing it with a no vote. I hear that some local leaders support a no vote. I'd like to see there numbers posted so we could ask what they are thinking when some have been told the place would close and 22000 teamsters lose their jobs. 22000 lay down and give up and leave their post.
Soon no working man will make any money. We hold no cards. The big shots hold them all. There aren't better jobs and without union numbers time is ticking on those which are close. Numbers is what makers for a strong contract. And giving 22000 away is the worst thing we could do IMO.
And how do you suppose we get a strong contract, if YRC doesn't negotiate and just says take it or leave it...and if the right number says so, they will negotiate a new contract in 2015, and not just keep extending and asking for more..........now please slowly step away from the crackpipe

Hold your ground!
With a yes.
No laying down.

From another thread:
“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and
yet deprecate agitation are people who want crops without plowing up the ground.
They want rain without thunder and lightening. That struggle might be a moral one;
it might be a physical one; it might be both moral and physical, but it must be
struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will.
People might not get all that they work for in this world, but they must certainly
work for all they get.” —Frederick Douglass, Abolitionist

If the workers of the world want to win, all they have to do is recognize their own solidarity. They have nothing to do but fold their arms and the world will stop. The workers are more powerful with their hands in their pockets than all the property of the capitalists. . . .—Joseph Ettor, IWW organizer

For someone with the name slavenomore you sure act like one..
Are you helping anyone by lowering standards? Are you helping to organize them when they see what the company and union is allowing to happen to the industry??
You're assuming the company will close.. I bet they won't.. But we'll never know unless we stand up for once and say NO!!!!
If you're a slave to your paycheck then just say that's why you're a yes vote. But don't come off like your yes vote is saving anyone or anything.

And how do you suppose we get a strong contract, if YRC doesn't negotiate and just says take it or leave it...and if the right number says so, they will negotiate a new contract in 2015, and not just keep extending and asking for more..........now please slowly step away from the crackpipe

What makes you think you have anything to negotiate with?
You have one company to go to now.ABF.
And they know that.
They are closing 30 terminals.
All of our jobs will only get worse if we fold and they know that too.
Maybe you should step away from the pipe.
The big shots of the industry will celebrate with us gone.
22000 out of their way to do as they please. Only workers lose with a no.

And they know that.
22000 out of their way to do as they please. Only workers lose with a no.

Again,
If the workers of the world want to win, all they have to do is recognize their own solidarity. They have nothing to do but fold their arms and the world will stop. The workers are more powerful with their hands in their pockets than all the property of the capitalists. . . .—Joseph Ettor, IWW organizer

And they know that.
22000 out of their way to do as they please. Only workers lose with a this is the 3rd dam time they are asking for more!! And it's guys like you who allow them!!
They save these concessions will save them 100 million a year well what about the last round that was suppose to save them 300 million a year!!???
Do you really think this 100 million makes a big difference in the scope of them refinancing?? Hell no!! But hey, why wouldn't they ask for it when they know people don't have the balls to fight back.

You will never have a strong contact till ya get the union numbers up in freight. Neither will ABF nor UPSF. That's the facts. Otherwise we have no legs to stand on. Yrc don't care nor the banks if we close. The corporate world will make them heroes for sinking us. And it seems you'd like to help them do it.

Organize FedEx and Conway and maybe we'll see better rates.......otherwise no voters are in la-la land.
Is organizing the IBT's job?
We ARE the IBT.
So it's OUR job.

Numbers made the contract strong.
Then we had something to negotiate WITH.

The private sector union jobs numbered 36% in 1955.
Our numbers now are 6%.

That is why unions and contracts are weak.
DO NOT GAMBLE AWAY 22000 of them numbers.
That is the most foolish thing we could do.

And they know that.
22000 out of their way to do as they please. Only workers lose with a this is the 3rd dam time they are asking for more!! And it's guys like you who allow them!!
They save these concessions will save them 100 million a year well what about the last round that was suppose to save them 300 million a year!!???
Do you really think this 100 million makes a big difference in the scope of them refinancing?? Hell no!! But hey, why wouldn't they ask for it when they know people don't have the balls to fight back.
What makes you think that they care if you fight back or not. The big goal of the economic mindset for years is to sink the unions.......they win if they fold us more than if we stay open....the big shots in the ATA will reward them handsomelly I'm sure.

The way I see it the big shot free trade globalists want Asian goods shipped into Mexican ports instead of our Longshoremans Union ports in the west. And then they want them goods brought up throughout the US and Canada, in trucks owned by transnational corporations (probably the same people running trucking today and our buddies the bankers, under NAFTA. We stall them plans. The plans won't be stalled with us gone. Wall street loves imports.......the Mexican drivers are the imports to drive our wages down just like imports wrecked all other trades and unions.
And by the company and the IBT putting it on our lap the no vote plays right into their hand.
YRC told us they'd closed.
The IBT said the same.

Their ass is covered.
Ours is not with a no.
We only hurt ourselves and our trade.
Organizing big numbers is the only way out. And closing the place with a no pretty much ends organizing in our lifetime.
Do ya think a non wants a vote to close his employer?
They'll not want a union in this lifetime after the headline reads "Union vote costs over 30000 jobs."
Its too much a foolish gamble.

If that's really your view then it's time to change your name. How about Ivotedforenslavementbecauseimscaredthecompanywillclose. Or maybe nothinhangin

Hold your ground!
With a yes.
No laying down.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MShWnTlP60E

this guy right here^^^^ and the BS he spews. maybe hes just joking
or trolling, dont know. but there are plenty of people who REALLY
think like him.,and they vote for anything. I figure thats why we are f+++ed.

The way I see it the big shot free trade globalists want Asian goods shipped into Mexican ports instead of our Longshoremans Union ports in the west. And then they want them goods brought up throughout the US and Canada, in trucks owned by transnational corporations (probably the same people running trucking today and our buddies the bankers, under NAFTA. We stall them plans. The plans won't be stalled with us gone. Wall street loves imports.......the Mexican drivers are the imports to drive our wages down just like imports wrecked all other trades and unions.
And by the company and the IBT putting it on our lap the no vote plays right into their hand.
YRC told us they'd closed.
The IBT said the same.

Their ass is covered.
Ours is not with a no.
We only hurt ourselves and our trade.
Organizing big numbers is the only way out. And closing the place with a no pretty much ends organizing in our lifetime.
Do ya think a non wants a vote to close his employer?
They'll not want a union in this lifetime after the headline reads "Union vote costs over 30000 jobs."
Its too much a foolish gamble.

The 2 days after some YRCW managers made that statement...Welsh came out in the Kansas City Business report and stated if we vote it down, they will look at other means...BUT YRCW WILL NOT FILE BK....THEN, after the ballots went out after a week...they are excused for $300M....Investors swapped debt for equity...the stock has jumped like crazy (REMEMBER....One of the yes vote selling points was out stock had recently dropped 75%?) They ain't gonna close....so quit being scared...MY GOD PEOPLE!

All a bunch of BS to CON you into voting yes and to continue to weaken any bargaining strength we may have in THE FUTURE!....KK

You will never have a strong contact till ya get the union numbers up in freight. Neither will ABF nor UPSF. That's the facts. Otherwise we have no legs to stand on. Yrc don't care nor the banks if we close. The corporate world will make them heroes for sinking us. And it seems you'd like to help them do it.

Organize FedEx and Conway and maybe we'll see better rates.......otherwise no voters are in la-la land.
Is organizing the IBT's job?
We ARE the IBT.
So it's OUR job.

Numbers made the contract strong.
Then we had something to negotiate WITH.

The private sector union jobs numbered 36% in 1955.
Our numbers now are 6%.

That is why unions and contracts are weak.
DO NOT GAMBLE AWAY 22000 of them numbers.
That is the most foolish thing we could do.
So let me get this straight,, if we vote no, the company MIGHT shut down,, and according to you its OUR fault that there will be 22,000 less Teamster jobs.. OK,, why not put that blame where it belongs,, the IBT is the one who let the trucking sector go,, the IBT had Conjob in the midwest all but signed in 2011,, took a holiday break and the boys over there have not heard back from the IBT.. Us voting to close YRC and lose 22,000 job would be ou fault,,, how about blaming the IBT for standing pat and letting the nons run wild and not even trying to unionize them. Put the blame where it needs to be, the IBT is the reason we will be so damn weak, not us!!

I love how slavenomore post saying " we are the IBT" and we need to be involved to make changes.. We'll tell me, were we the IBT when we walked lines at Overnite just to have the IBT not put them in the NMFA?? Were we the IBT who allowed UPS out of the pension fund? Were we the IBT who fought ABF saying they are not part of the NMFA???
And now are we the IBT who decided that newpenn would vote seperate twice but now this time they can throw our votes out by combining us with the YRC/Holland votes??
Which makes me ask the questions, why was it determined that ABF was not part of the NMFA? Was it because they were a " me too" to the contract?
If that's the case then I would think a judge would say Newpenn is not part of the master freight and was a " me too" to the contract..
Hmmmmm questions that need answers.. Got any slave?

The 2 days after some YRCW managers made that statement...Welsh came out in the Kansas City Business report and stated if we vote it down, they will look at other means...BUT YRCW WILL NOT FILE BK....THEN, after the ballots went out after a week...they are excused for $300M....Investors swapped debt for equity...the stock has jumped like crazy (REMEMBER....One of the yes vote selling points was out stock had recently dropped 75%?) They ain't gonna close....so quit being scared...MY GOD PEOPLE!

All a bunch of BS to CON you into voting yes and to continue to weaken any bargaining strength we may have in THE FUTURE!....KK

They aren't excused of any debt if this gets voted down. Here is my PROOF:

YRC Worldwide Reaches Agreement to Reduce Debt by $300 Million

Deal Contingent on IBT Ratification

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Dec. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- YRC Worldwide, Inc. (Nasdaq:YRCW) announced today that it has reached an agreement with certain holders of its Series A Convertible Notes, Series B Convertible Notes and other institutional investors that will allow it to reduce debt by approximately $300 million. In doing so, the company will meet a primary requirement (retiring at least 90% of the company's Series A and B Convertible Notes) needed to satisfy the International Brotherhood of Teamsters' (IBT) conditionality of ratifying the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) proposal that is currently out for ratification by the company's employees who are IBT members. However, the agreement will still remain contingent on getting the MOU proposal ratified by its members. The vote on the MOU is anticipated to be complete on January 8, 2014 and results will be available shortly thereafter. In addition, the debt reduction deal is contingent on getting holders of at least 90% of the $124 million of the company's pension fund debt to amend and extend the currently outstanding note

If the company press release isn't good enough for you let me know, I can post the 8-k filing.........

From another thread:
“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and
yet deprecate agitation are people who want crops without plowing up the ground.
They want rain without thunder and lightening. That struggle might be a moral one;
it might be a physical one; it might be both moral and physical, but it must be
struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will.
People might not get all that they work for in this world, but they must certainly
work for all they get.” —Frederick Douglass, Abolitionist
We have little to no power in trucking without numbers to back it. Therefore there is nothing to concede. The moral/civil roads are blocked. The only way to get through is with time to rebuild numbers.........or else I do believe the "physical" alternative may eventually be on the way. But if guys are unwilling to sacrifice "luxuries" because of soft discomfort, they surely won't risk jail or life.
They've had it too good for to long and would never handle a little discomfort.

I highly doubt that the first contracts which may have had only two companies like today..........had 3-4 weeks vacation and 1/52 for pay. That stuff comes with other places to go and high numbers in the trade
It don't come from acid trips believing we have something we don't.
Now is your time too sacrifice as the old Teamsters did. Civilly is best or the trade will become ugly.
They know you're a Teamster.
They fingerprinted us for homeland security.
The NSA is up and running for the people we fight,not us.
And the FEMA camps are ready to go.

Civilly with a yes vote is the way to fight.
Its best for the country.

OMG. If this goes through the Union as we know it is over. If it doesn't the Union as we know it is over. The rate of pay has been lowered in the industry and you can thank YRC for that. The union hasn't organized a union trucking company in the Master Freight in y e a r s.

So please