Yellow | 200 terminals?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Do we have 200 terminals at Roadway alone? Are they talking about all the terminals they have closed already plus the new ones will equal 200? How many are there at Yellow an Roadway?

Do we have 200 terminals at Roadway alone? Are they talking about all the terminals they have closed already plus the new ones will equal 200? How many are there at Yellow an Roadway?

At one time roadway had over 500 terminals and there big slogan was "we have a terminal in your neighborhood"
Dont know how many they have sold off since then but I think you can rest assured that with the terminals of yellow and the other carriers under our control that 200 is a reasonable number when you look at location relativity!
Remember.....allot of these terminals have lots of room and some of them are at limits noe so it should be an interesting show to watch this go down.

Hey truckin..........here's a quote from another article.......DS

YRC North American Transportation President and CEO Mike Smid told LM in an interview that these savings will come from various sources. One being consolidating the number of facilities it operates out of from 650 to roughly 450, as it combines capacity in existing facilities as part of YRCW’s “one network, one operation” approach with this integration. Another area where savings will come from, said Smid, is local pickup and delivery handling.

What about capacity?

I was just wondering if we shut down 200 terms. aren't we greatly limiting our capacity if we get busy again? (I hope):hide:

I was just wondering if we shut down 200 terms. aren't we greatly limiting our capacity if we get busy again? (I hope):hide:
I'd say that right now, every carrier out there is adjusting to the current and future capacity needed which is probably only 3/4 of what is currently used. There is too much of everything and not enough freight to pay for it.
It's not just YRCW doing it. The nons have been doing the same thing.
It's easier to take on credit and gain terminals in a good economy. They have to shrink and expand with freight levels.

I am kinda curious??? If these are tough times and they want to sell off 200 terminals, who is going to want to buy them??? It seems to me all trucking companies are suffering (bad economy), and not wanting to spend any more money than they have to. And why sell off properties and equipment for peanuts, when and if things pick back up you will need them. Then you will have to pay a premium to replace them. :duh:

It has to be

I am kinda curious??? If these are tough times and they want to sell off 200 terminals, who is going to want to buy them??? It seems to me all trucking companies are suffering (bad economy), and not wanting to spend any more money than they have to. And why sell off properties and equipment for peanuts, when and if things pick back up you will need them. Then you will have to pay a premium to replace them. :duh:
Because our credit rating just got lowered again and this will create a little liquidity and reduce our debt. Hopefully enough to buy us the time to make it to the good times. No one likes seeing what is going on, but they are in survival mode and have to answer to lenders and requirements of loan agreements. Also if they make it to the busy times they will be able to know where they need to build bigger facilities to accommodate the heavier freight flows.

The things they are doing are tough decisions and will hurt a lot of people but I wish them the best of luck. I have no doubt they will be very profitable if the economy gets better the question is? do they have the financial ability to make it to the finish line.

:console:
:hide:

I'd say that right now, every carrier out there is adjusting to the current and future capacity needed which is probably only 3/4 of what is currently used. There is too much of everything and not enough freight to pay for it.
It's easier to take on credit and gain terminals in a good economy. They have to shrink and expand with freight levels.

And what happens when the economy jump starts again and we need all that extra capacity?
Remember the economy is like an ocean wave, Up & down. It never stays the same.
What goes up-----Must come down and so forth!
Check with me in a year or so and we will see if most of the serviving terminals have freight falling off the dock!!!

I did some checking on the competition here is some of what I found:

CNW 2q 08 47.1 million income compared to 2q 07 47.7
2q 08 1.34 bilion revenue compared to 2q 07 1.07

ODFL 2q 08 23.9 million income compared to 2q 07 22.5
2q 08 417.8 million revenue compared to 2q 07 359.6

I couldn't make any out what FDX was maybe someone with more time can find out.

YRCW 2q 32,3 million income compared to 2q 07 55.4
2q 2.4 billion revenue compared to 2q 07 2.49

Now it seems to me YRC just gave their frt away under the premiss that they wern't going to haul cheap frt.

Well some of the cheap frt haulers that picked it up seem to be doing pretty well with it.

It all falls back in MY OPINION to bad management not the economy even though it's slow some carriers seem to be OK.

Because our credit rating just got lowered again and this will create a little liquidity and reduce our debt. Hopefully enough to buy us the time to make it to the good times. No one likes seeing what is going on, but they are in survival mode and have to answer to lenders and requirements of loan agreements. Also if they make it to the busy times they will be able to know where they need to build bigger facilities to accommodate the heavier freight flows.

The things they are doing are tough decisions and will hurt a lot of people but I wish them the best of luck. I have no doubt they will be very profitable if the economy gets better the question is? do they have the financial ability to make it to the finish line.

:console:
:hide:

Ok, I understand what you are saying, but what I want to know is who has the capitol to spend right now to buy any of these properties or equipment??? The Mexicans??? Or maybe the Chinese???? Mind you now, my panties aren’t all bunched up just a curious question!!
:smilie_132:

Go a different direction.
Do you need 650 docks -NO
Cut the work force and service the freight that you do have and the trailers will be full.
Why pay a dock hands wages and benefits when you can get it done for $16.00 ?
Do you think that merging the line haul will cure their driver shortage ?
On another note YFS has been scraping out the old trailers as fast as they can haul them out of here. Any place else doing this ?

Go a different direction.
Do you need 650 docks -NO
Cut the work force and service the freight that you do have and the trailers will be full.
Why pay a dock hands wages and benefits when you can get it done for $16.00 ?
Do you think that merging the line haul will cure their driver shortage ?
On another note YFS has been scraping out the old trailers as fast as they can haul them out of here. Any place else doing this ?

Here in Kansas City, they are selling all of the 210000,220000, 230000 pups, along with the 5 digit 48's in the 95000 series, which are all 20 year old junk.