ABF | 2008 Nmfa

truxforever

TB Regular
Credits
I would just like to know what all you other ABFer's think about this new contract. Also do you think ABF should be held to the same contact. I think that ABF should be given a chance to talk with the IBT and just maybe we get a better deal.

I would just like to know what all you other ABFer's think about this new contract. Also do you think ABF should be held to the same contact. I think that ABF should be given a chance to talk with the IBT and just maybe we get a better deal.

I don't know who is telling the truth, but both sides had better have a sitdown real quick... A Yellow salesman was at 1 of my stops today telling the shipper that Yellow has a contract, but ABF doesn't & who knows what will happen. I don't blame the salesman for doing his job & he was telling the truth.....ABF & the IBT had better get this thing ironed out soon.... I just got my ballot in todays mail & I would like to know exactly what it is that I am voting on.

We are Teamsters under the NMFA and that is why we are voting.
Personally I feel insulted by what the company is showing me.
Tell me I the best professional driver and what to pay me like I just came out of driving school.
I like to think they deserve the best so they should live up to NMFA.

abfatwork

I don't know who is telling the truth, but both sides had better have a sitdown real quick... A Yellow salesman was at 1 of my stops today telling the shipper that Yellow has a contract, but ABF doesn't & who knows what will happen. I don't blame the salesman for doing his job & he was telling the truth.....ABF & the IBT had better get this thing ironed out soon.... I just got my ballot in todays mail & I would like to know exactly what it is that I am voting on.
Log on to abfatwork and tellthe prsident BOB >D:chairshot: whats happenning and tell them to stop playing games Im a teamster 1st. and still under the masterfrieght agreement.....

YES at 162

85percent at 162 in san fernando valley!!!!:1036316054:

Log on to abfatwork and tellthe prsident BOB >D:chairshot: whats happenning and tell them to stop playing games Im a teamster 1st. and still under the masterfrieght agreement.....

IMO it would be a waste of time posting on on abfatwork. I have my doubts about anything that they post on there. And I have my doubts about whos best interests the IBT is serving with this contract. IMO they turned their back on us in freight by giving our competition at UPSF a stand alone contract. I doubt that the IBT will be trying to organize FedEx with a NMFA contract....... Unfortunately for us, IMO the NMFA won't be worth very much after 3/31/08.
There will always be a lack of trust in my mind after the way the IBT handled the Red Star shutdown & Holland expansion.

Divide and conquer is what the company is looking for.
Put the blame on the Teamster's for they where standing up for a middle class living.
America business puts fear in employee's and only fear you should have is the fear of of God.

I agree that the IBT should sit down and hear what ABF is proposing and then bring it to us members and let us decide if we want it, not have the IBT decide and then try to cram it down our throats like they are doing now. here at 086(ATL) I have talked to VERY FEW co-workers that are in favor of the proposed NMFA and the majority of the ones that do favor it are people than either have their time in already or are near having their time in to retire

What they want!!

we already know what ABF wants, and the answer is NO......NO.....NO...and NO.

the company has put so much fear in some of are teamster brothers that now they can play hard ball with the teamsters as Bob D . said not to listen to the people who are stuck in the 50's thats just great for abf that we are divided. what a shame and the people who are on the companys side are the people who never attend union meetings and complain about having to pay union dues.Abf wants us out!! out!!out!!

I have to agree with greasemonkey, never have I had the union try and get me to agree to something bordering what the non-unions are doing without hearing what ABF has to say(not really expecting great things from them either!). The union is about their self preservation and the company about theirs. How can we vote on a contract that could possibly keep Yellow etc. at work and us out if ABF sticks to their guns? I believe we're on the Titanic and this is just the tip of the iceburg.

I have to agree with greasemonkey, never have I had the union try and get me to agree to something bordering what the non-unions are doing without hearing what ABF has to say(not really expecting great things from them either!). The union is about their self preservation and the company about theirs. How can we vote on a contract that could possibly keep Yellow etc. at work and us out if ABF sticks to their guns? I believe we're on the Titanic and this is just the tip of the iceburg.

YOU ARE the Union junior. When was the last time you or the grease monkey went to a union meeting?

better vote NO,becuse if they past, ABF may say this is your contract without pension. This is not good at all !!!!!

I don't know, but as I read it the pension and health &welfare language is also part of the NMFA.

ABF want you to vote no because when all the vote are tallied, and the majority of our people do vote no, gives them the poking rights to say that we(rank and file) don't agree with the NMFA and they will have an argument to work oout their own agreement.

If you think the NMFA is bad......wait till you see what Howdy, Buffalo Wes, and Clarabell have planned for you.

bad part is we just might get to see, even if we don't want to.

I should probably be remiss if I didn't tell you to save as much money as you can.