ODFL | 2010 CSA

I've learned more about CSA 2010 from postings on Truckingboards and articles printed in the T/Ms copy of "Transport Topics" than in any communications from the company,which is suprising this seems to be a program that could have a major effect on both the company and its drivers.

I work for another LTL company. They aren't saying anything either! I asked the safety man about it. He said ; his boss said not to discuss it???
Stick your head in sand- and it will go away?

I think maybe the industry is going to try revising some of the policies contained in CSA2010,so they are'nt sure what the finished product is gonna be,they might be waiting until they're sure of it..looks like its already complete to me...

The company fully expects to lose 20% of its drivers through various disqualifications if and when CSA2010 is fully implemented. This thing is gonna have huge ramifications when it comes into effect.

I've seen that 20%number kicked around for truckload carriers,you'd have to search pretty hard to find a OD(or any other freight)driver thats had a recent ticket or failed a safety inspection,you might find a couple of overweight violations,but thats a pretty small part of a safety rating according to what I've read.This could turn out to be a real opportunity, if marginal drivers(and their employers)cant meet the standards I for one are'nt going to be unhappy to see them go this can only benefit the people that are serious about our profession.

I think many of us are looking at CSA 2010 with maybe a little more fear than it deserves,I've heard "the sky is falling"with every new change in regulation in the last 30 years and yet I look around and little has changed. First it was the CDL,then drug testing,later hours of service changes,its still pretty much the same business,with pretty much the same kinds of abuses taking place,by many of the same actors.CSA2010 may turn out to be different,IMO I doubt the LTL segment of our industry is gonna have much to worry about,Most of us are here to stay, this our career we are'nt doing this because it looks easier than construction,or working the line,or mining,if this thins out the casuals or the outlaws from the herd the better for all of us making for a safer and more profitable industry!