TForce | 2010 Holidays

andrew09

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anybody seen the 2010 UPS Freight Company Holidays? They are posted at the Pen292 Teminal and it seems as though they are not giving us days off for xmas day and new years day because they both fall on saturdays, they are giving us fri for xmas eve. I know they are going to get alot of greivances over this.

Has anybody seen the 2010 UPS Freight Company Holidays? They are posted at the Pen292 Teminal and it seems as though they are not giving us days off for xmas day and new years day because they both fall on saturdays, they are giving us fri for xmas eve. I know they are going to get alot of greivances over this.

You will recieve 4 days pay for working and 2 days holiday pay so where's the problem? You actually make more that week. If you want 2 days off then take Thurs or Mon off.

Hello dispatch, I hab duh smiffles and won't be able to work tonight.....thanks in advance for putting in that last sick day.....have a Merry Christmas....

We were told we would have to work thurs and monday.

Most customers will be closed the Monday following the holiday....this isn't the first time in history Christmas and the New Year have fallen on a Saturday...:biglaugh:

And you still get paid the holiday even if you do not work the Thursday[Friday for the 1St] or the Monday before and after.

So what's the question again?

any unused holidays will probaly be paid out next week, according to our contract you have to be on a paid day off before and after to be eligible to be paid for the holiday. Ups has done this every year.

Disc. day, you will be paid. Not the holiday. If you are a gambling man or woman, try it out. Good luck!

I have already checked it out (called payroll, and asked local mgmnt) as long as you have disc. day, floater or approved vacation, (w/ 7 days notice), will count towards working before holiday, therefore getting paid holiday pay. Discretionary days are good to use any time of year. That is what they are for. I am using mine for doctor appt.

I have already checked it out (called payroll, and asked local mgmnt) as long as you have disc. day, floater or approved vacation, (w/ 7 days notice), will count towards working before holiday, therefore getting paid holiday pay. Discretionary days are good to use any time of year. That is what they are for. I am using mine for doctor appt.

Dang why did ya have to do that? That stopped a good ::shit:: stirrin session on this board. Way to end a thread. :ranting2:

My apologies. I quoted the wrong post.

Yes, I do know that if you get time off approved before a holiday you will get holiday pay but not if you call in sick regardless if you have DISC hrs or not.

Discretionary day or vacation day,it does'nt matter, if it is an approved day off with some type of pay, you will be paid for the holiday. Already been grieved and settled.

All unused discretionary days and personal floater days will be in tomorrows pay check 12/24

All unused vacation days will be paid out by separate check next week.