Yellow | 2014 COO Any New News?

Slim_

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard from an un-sourced source that management is meeting with the union sometime in June to present a change. Any truth in that?

I heard from an un-sourced source that management is meeting with the union sometime in June to present a change. Any truth in that?

Havent heard but pretty much rumors of a change are daily drama at YRC. Losing 34 million last quarter it would make you wonder how they can afford to pay for anything much less another change but they continue to pull rabbits out of there hat. Time will tell........and the saga continues !!!

I just heard a rumor @ 309 that the un-sourced source that could not confirm your un- sourced rumor, cannot be confirmed either as a rumor, or not.

I hear Trenton #112 was shooting for June 1st, but, this is for the new S. Plainfield Terminal and will only involve Local 701 men.
I am not sure if they have to go through the committee if it is only involving one terminal?

Los Angeles basin involving 4 terminals are smack dab in the middle of the current change, involving the reopening of Pico, Ca. The other 2 involved are Nor Cal, and NJ. This is the only change that I know of that is in fact happening at the moment. Stay tuned, you know there's more to come. Company has to waste money anyway they can. Good numbers equal bad news for this company.

Also hearing about change at 881 reduction of service area.
Cartage to handle more outlying areas.
YRC turns freight to Reddaway here but the door does not swing both way's. They interline with another carrier area's that YRC serves daily. Now YRC says that these area's are not profitable.......

I would think there will be a change in the Midwest being there are issues at a few terminals with service issues so would be no surprise maybe they should have a meeting to buy parts to fix things and buy light cords never seen so many sets on outbound with out them lol 21 at 309

I just heard a rumor @ 309 that the un-sourced source that could not confirm your un- sourced rumor, cannot be confirmed either as a rumor, or not.

On my way to the Buffalo Inn last Saturday I drove past the old LaMoille sub station. There's a new roof on it and the yard has been expanded and repaved. I heard an unconfirmed report that 303, 304, 309, & 318 will be consolidated there! The proposed operation will include daily service to the Cayman Islands.

Remember the 1986 movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"?
"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

Last edited by a moderator:
Your going the wrony way !!
Go West young man follow the money Go West............
On my way to the Buffalo Inn last Saturday I drove past the old LaMoille sub station. There's a new roof on it and the yard has been expanded and repaved. I heard an unconfirmed report that 303, 304, 309, & 318 will be consolidated there! The proposed operation will include daily service to the Cayman Islands.

I would think there will be a change in the Midwest being there are issues at a few terminals with service issues so would be no surprise maybe they should have a meeting to buy parts to fix things and buy light cords never seen so many sets on outbound with out them lol 21 at 309
All they have to do is check each shuttle tractor coming through the gate. Each one I see usually has one or two extra cords in the cab or on the fuel tanks.

Plus daily direct same day delivery to Van Orin and Zearing.

All they have to do is check each shuttle tractor coming through the gate. Each one I see usually has one or two extra cords in the cab or on the fuel tanks.

Or maybe buy some decent ones to start with, the cheapest supplier route is getting old.

At PHI-YRC-152 I asked the TM and he said South Plainfield will open on June 1st per the Unions blessing? We are to take work supposedly from 112 and 143! So time will tell of who gets what?

So sorry, bunk room in Georgetown cannot handle extended 'layovers' in Grand Cayman.

didnt Hawkins say yrc might do some kind of coo in the fall on that phone call meeting??

Only thing I read was Welch stating they would tweek the system in a few areas, and that no major changes were planned. Not sure what he means by a tweek though? We have a guy at our place who says he tweeked his back, and has been sitting in office since January. Not sure if that's the same thing .

By boat or by plane???

I'm not sure if I can go on a Coo while on w/c, but I'd love to get down in tennesee, I here they make great rocking chairs there. I could sit around watching the mover pack it all up, unload it down there, and hand them a yrc check.