XPO | 2014 Olympics

HowlerMonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
:usa2: Are you watching any of the olympics? What's your favorite moment of the olympics so far. :usa2:

I gotta say, the mens win in hockey over Russia is pretty huge. If you asked Russians what gold medal they wanted most, most would undoubtedly say Mens hockey is the only one that matters. They could meet again before it's all said and done. :usa2:

The men's hockey has lost it's luster for me since they let the NHL players in. I still watch but I enjoyed it much more when we were the underdogs fielding a bunch of college kids. That's what made "The Miracle On Ice" so spectacular. I was trucking, listening to it on the radio, for me it was the greatest sports moment of my lifetime. These days I actually prefer the women's hockey.

:usa2:
The men's hockey has lost it's luster for me since they let the NHL players in. I still watch but I enjoyed it much more when we were the underdogs fielding a bunch of college kids. That's what made "The Miracle On Ice" so spectacular. I was trucking, listening to it on the radio, for me it was the greatest sports moment of my lifetime. These days I actually prefer the women's hockey.
:usa2:

If you knew all participants were amateur I 100% agree. The one rule the Olympics had back in the day was that amateur athletes were permitted to compete. Pro athletes weren't. That's what made the olympics the olympics. Problem was, we knew that athletes representing many of the other nations were professionals anyway so at least now we know everyone can compete on the same level. :usa2:

:usa2: :usa2:

If you knew all participants were amateur I 100% agree. The one rule the Olympics had back in the day was that amateur athletes were permitted to compete. Pro athletes weren't. That's what made the olympics the olympics. Problem was, we knew that athletes representing many of the other nations were professionals anyway so at least now we know everyone can compete on the same level. :usa2:

That is true but that's what made it special, everyone knew we were playing college kids against Russian players that were amateurs in name only. The win by the USA today over Russia was nice but it's really just a win by one NHL bunch of guys over another bunch of NFL guys, nothing to get excited about.

I think The Olympics need to add a new Sport It's called the Con Safety Circle ! See which drivers can safely ,accurately , Maneuver around the Truck and trailer looking for potential hazards while doing a post trip !! Of course it will be timed and there will be 10 problems they must find to win !!! Lmfao !!! Winner will get a gold Star Card Silver Star Card and a Bronze Star Card !! :usa2:

Two stand out for me:
- our Canadian ski coach running onto the track with a ski and helping a Russian skier change out his broken ski so he could finish the race.

- the us hockey player that won it in OT. His response when reporters told him he was a hero.." I'm not a hero. The real hero's wear camo and are overseas right now."