2015 GMC Duramax Diesel Runaway Engine

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Watch it until the very end.

2015 GMC 2500 Duramax Runaway Engine Pulled up to open gate, engine started to rev up, turned off ignition, engine never shut off. CRAZY Runaway! Tachometer red lined until it destroyed itself. Odometer reads 3378 miles! Still not sure of all the damage done.

[video=youtube_share;xRG_T580Heo]http://youtu.be/xRG_T580Heo[/video]

Engine was probably getting fuel or oil in air intake & coughed up it's cookies. I have seen engines run away from various reasons.

that's what i was thinking too...all it needed was oil or fuel to be continually fed into it. the older diesels did that long before computerized systems took over. (in fact, wasn't it the governor that would go bad and do this..???)

since the engine exploded, i'd also suspect under hood damage of surrounding devices..maybe even the hood and inner fenders. hell, the windshield could have been cracked..and if the windshield WAS cracked LONG BEFORE this explosion.....just say the explosion did it...how would GM be able to prove it didn't..????

either way, GM WILL BE replacing, many, many things....maybe even the shorts of the guy or guys that got close when the explosion took place..>!!!!

if any more "run away"........we all know GM will have a big recall on that.....ramping up Ford/Dodge diesel sales.

Last edited by a moderator: