XPO | 2017 DRIVE TIRE PROGRAM

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
I don't know if all XPO LTL service centers have been given a flyer that addresses a new drive tire program that's coming soon... so I thought that I'd share it w/ all who might be interested if they missed it. I know that I'm interested in it cause I work in an area of the country that gets a lot of snow in the winter months and hence having better treads for one's drive tires on one's tractor is a real good thing. Any improvement over the current so-called "Smart Tire" w/ it's closed shoulders and lack of knobby treads that's coming has caught my attention for sure. Anyway ...here is the content of the company directive.

2017 DRIVE TIRE PROGRAM

What is the 2017 drive tire program?
1. All new drive tires will be the open shoulder G182A, starting w/ retreads.
2. We will begin pulling drive tires for retreads w/ new tires at 6/32nds.

What is the new G182A?
* Beginning 4/24, all drive tires will be retreaded w/ Goodyear's new G182A open shoulder tire.
* The decision was based on testing over the last year and feedback from our drivers.
* The G182A has a more aggressive lug tread design and performs superior to the previous G572 tread, which will be phased out through depleted inventory.

When should drive tires be replaced?

* G572 tread tires will be pulled at 6/32nds tread depth.
* This produces an adequate number of casings to be retreaded.
* Goodyear will release a similar open shoulder new drive tire before the end of the year which will be immediately used in our fleet.

Questions?
Contact your Service Center Manager

Bottom line: Since XPO took over the reigns of our LTL, cuts have come as BJ promised they would, ( EBITDA, EBITDA, EBITDA). On the flip side of all the cutting, I have to give corporate credit for listening to us drivers and living up to one of their core values 'SAFETY FIRST' causing the implementation of this new tire program...even giving us back good drive,( tires which probably will be more costly to the company than sticking w/ the old G572 'Smart Tires"). Any and all thoughts on this subject are welcomed.

I don't know if all XPO LTL service centers have been given a flyer that addresses a new drive tire program that's coming soon... so I thought that I'd share it w/ all who might be interested if they missed it. I know that I'm interested in it cause I work in an area of the country that gets a lot of snow in the winter months and hence having better treads for one's drive tires on one's tractor is a real good thing. Any improvement over the current so-called "Smart Tire" w/ it's closed shoulders and lack of knobby treads that's coming has caught my attention for sure. Anyway ...here is the content of the company directive.

2017 DRIVE TIRE PROGRAM

What is the new G182A?
* Beginning 4/24, all drive tires will be retreaded w/ Goodyear's new G182A open shoulder tire.
* The decision was based on testing over the last year and feedback from our drivers.
* The G182A has a more aggressive lug tread design and performs superior to the previous G572 tread, which will be phased out through depleted inventory.

* Goodyear will release a similar open shoulder new drive tire before the end of the year which will be immediately used in our fleet.

Questions?

Bottom line: Since XPO took over the reigns of our LTL, cuts have come as BJ promised they would, ( EBITDA, EBITDA, EBITDA). On the flip side of all the cutting, I have to give corporate credit for listening to us drivers and living up to one of their core values 'SAFETY FIRST' causing the implementation of this new tire program...even giving us back good drive,( tires which probably will be more costly to the company than sticking w/ the old G572 'Smart Tires"). Any and all thoughts on this subject are welcomed.
It's cheaper if we don't wreck. EBITDA. EBITDA. EBITDA.

2017 DRIVE TIRE PROGRAM

What is the new G182A?

Questions?

Dont be to happy all those old tires are being used on dollies and trailers

Not sure what's going on. Because i didn't ask. But i was told earlier this morning that the VP of maintenance as of today is no longer with the company.. So we might see a decline in maintenance at XPO.. Or thing's might get better.

If he had anything to do with the racing slicks for drive tires, good riddance.
Don't worry about the slicks. They have brought back open shoulder rethred tires. This shop has gotten rid off all slick tires. But also XPO has changed all the vendors that supplies part's to the shop. Oh yeah and XPO only want's a few thousand dollars in stocked part's. So yeah there's alot of changes.

Don't worry about the slicks. They have brought back open shoulder rethred tires. This shop has gotten rid off all slick tires. But also XPO has changed all the vendors that supplies part's to the shop. Oh yeah and XPO only want's a few thousand dollars in stocked part's. So yeah there's alot of changes.

In another couple years when we break down and call line haul. They will send a vender out to do the repair and at the same time a drone will be loaded and take off to meet him at our location with the part for the required. Oh yeah, but by then it will be computers driving the trucks and drivers won't exist and it's not going to be my problem any way.

:tr10driving03::sadwavey:
In another couple years when we break down and call line haul. They will send a vender out to do the repair and at the same time a drone will be loaded and take off to meet him at our location with the part for the required. Oh yeah, but by then it will be computers driving the trucks and drivers won't exist and it's not going to be my problem any way.