Holland | 2019 contract add voluntary layoff

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
In the 2019 Master Freight Agreement we need to have Voluntary Layoffs added into the new contract , as this rule now that they have to lay off the bottom guys when senior driver's want to take voluntary layoff is B.S. !!! Why is something so simple as letting a senior driver at higher pay take voluntary layoff and work a jr. driver at lower pay , so hard for the yellow pig to figure out ??? :bi polo:

In the 2019 Master Freight Agreement we need to have Voluntary Layoffs added into the new contract , as this rule now that they have to lay off the bottom guys when senior driver's want to take voluntary layoff is B.S. !!! Why is something so simple as letting a senior driver at higher pay take voluntary layoff and work a jr. driver at lower pay , so hard for the yellow pig to figure out ??? :bi polo:
Oink on that one partner ....

I used to offer to take voluntary time off to let the junior guys eat, but they'd never let me. I agree that it seems stupid not to allow it. But not on a daily basis, since that would be harder for mgt. to control, but why not allow for it on a weekly basis?
Seems to me that it would keep a lot of people happy, and keep the junior guys from leaving altogether.