FedEx Freight | 2021 Holiday Schedule

john vacarro

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone happen to know it? Trying to make plans and of course can't find the answer. Shocking. Lol.. I know Thursday & Friday Thanksgiving we are always off, but this year Xmas and New Year eve and day land on a Friday Saturday. My guess is we are off Thursday Friday for Christmas (MAYBE)... but only get 1 day for New Years which would be the Friday the 31st. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays to you and your families!

Does anyone happen to know it? Trying to make plans and of course can't find the answer. Shocking. Lol.. I know Thursday & Friday Thanksgiving we are always off, but this year Xmas and New Year eve and day land on a Friday Saturday. My guess is we are off Thursday Friday for Christmas (MAYBE)... but only get 1 day for New Years which would be the Friday the 31st. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays to you and your families!

20210623_212415.md.jpg

If I call off on Thursday (23rd) would I still get paid for Christmas Day? Or I would I eat both days of holiday pay?

Wait we work on the 31st? So basically counting down new years at work if we work nights?? Yeah I'll prob be giving up my holiday pay for that if that's the case lol

If I call off on Thursday (23rd) would I still get paid for Christmas Day? Or I would I eat both days of holiday pay?

Nope you won't get the pay. Some seem to think it be a slower day maybe a chance to leave early but idk. That's your call. Im all for taking the extra day off for the holiday but would suck to get word back everyone left after 5 hours or something and you missed holiday pay over a short day...but who knows could be a 10 hr day as well.

Wait we work on the 31st? So basically counting down new years at work if we work nights?? Yeah I'll prob be giving up my holiday pay for that if that's the case lol

I'm not doing that. I'm spending new years eve with my family. I give enough time to FedEx. I'm also not a fan of being on the road on that night.

Wow, on just about every LTL job I ever worked at we worked Christmas Eve day. When I was a feeder driver at UPS in 1971 I worked Christmas eve right into daylight Christmas day. On the road at Maislin in the 1970's the road operation started up at midnight Christmas day. Trucking is a service business isn't it?

Wow, on just about every LTL job I ever worked at we worked Christmas Eve day. When I was a feeder driver at UPS in 1971 I worked Christmas eve right into daylight Christmas day. On the road at Maislin in the 1970's the road operation started up at midnight Christmas day. Trucking is a service business isn't it?
Well, in those days we were in a service industry, not a financial opportunity for the shareholders. At fxf about 10 or 15 years ago they ran a full operation on New Years Eve. The biggest F U to the employees that I can remember. The single worst night of the year to drive in the US, and they made sure they had 4000 units on the street. When you and I and the tb guys see these horrific accidents where a driver loses his life on his way back to the barn, we think it's a terrible and unnecessary waste. The powers that be see it as the cost of doing business. I'm sure God has a special place for those pr##KS. Also keep in mind that at any trucking company in America, managers couldn't be located by the CIA 24 hours before or during holiday operations

Well, in those days we were in a service industry, not a financial opportunity for the shareholders. At fxf about 10 or 15 years ago they ran a full operation on New Years Eve. The biggest F U to the employees that I can remember. The single worst night of the year to drive in the US, and they made sure they had 4000 units on the street. When you and I and the tb guys see these horrific accidents where a driver loses his life on his way back to the barn, we think it's a terrible and unnecessary waste. The powers that be see it as the cost of doing business. I'm sure God has a special place for those pr##KS. Also keep in mind that at any trucking company in America, managers couldn't be located by the CIA 24 hours before or during holiday operations
A distinction without a difference IMHO FC. Lots of people work on days we all wish to have off - railroad engineers, pilots, police, nurses, etc., etc. It's part of the job as I'm sure you realize.

Years ago at UPS (not sure if it's that way now), the package car drivers stayed out Christmas Eve till their trucks were empty. That was their reputation for service back then.