Yellow | 211 akron ohio

Heard Rumor things not going good with change! Higher up on the food change told what ever it takes to move the frieght do it.Service is 2-4 days late at some terminals, shake down is coming!!!!!!!!!

They hired 5 to the dock here at 211

I don't think the freight is going anywhere for awhile; they are starting to hire on the dock here in Akron; just added 5; supposibly more to come....stay tuned I Guess

Rumor has it 120 is history by years end.It's going to be reduced to a city terminal.It's called shaking the tree, sad but true!Just think of all the guys with thirty plus years with five and six weeks vaction.So they figure lets move the work else were and hopefully they won't follow and then we could hire new pepole at 75% of the rate.It's called corporate greed!

For the last 16 yrs I been hearing 120 is closing, show me on paper. Thats a pretty sad excuse using senior men, if thats the case you ever look at 135 senior? Or any other terminal? If any terminal is closing or down sizing it wouldn't be for that reason> Just my opinion.Have a great 4th men!!!!

yo...

not for nothing but, tannersville was built to take advantage of the opening of interstate 80 in 1970 (columbus and toledo were easily made).....

the freight business has changed and service points could be serviced differently now......

same thing happened to us in maybrook.....

it aint because of seniority or money, put the people where the profitable freight is.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; between maybrook and tannersville there are almost 800 dock doors only 85 miles apart (that's a lot of breakbulk doors in a direct load environment).......

jenny807 said:
I don't think the freight is going anywhere for awhile; they are starting to hire on the dock here in Akron; just added 5; supposibly more to come....stay tuned I Guess
Welcome to the boards, jenny807! It's good to have a 211 dock guy here. DS.

Moparman said:
Rumor has it 120 is history by years end.It's going to be reduced to a city terminal.It's called shaking the tree, sad but true!Just think of all the guys with thirty plus years with five and six weeks vaction.So they figure lets move the work else were and hopefully they won't follow and then we could hire new pepole at 75% of the rate.It's called corporate greed!
I think the first word in the above quote says it all!

MIKEEEEE said:
yo...

not for nothing but, tannersville was built to take advantage of the opening of interstate 80 in 1970 (columbus and toledo were easily made).....

the freight business has changed and service points could be serviced differently now......

same thing happened to us in maybrook.....

it aint because of seniority or money, put the people where the profitable freight is.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; between maybrook and tannersville there are almost 800 dock doors only 85 miles apart (that's a lot of breakbulk doors in a direct load environment).......

800 doors within 85 miles is a lot but it is still a 300+ mile toll free trip to Ohio plus Winston is within range of 120. And while I understand the need to build more direct loads it still seems to me that 120 has a lot more advantages than Maybrook. Seeing how Buffalo can make most of northen New England.
Why run the back roads out of Harrisburg west when you don't have too.

Hmmm, first heard in June we were closing. Gine and past. Then August, time will tell. Now by the end of the year? Personally, I think until they can figure this change out, we'll be here. Besides, who would run all the freight for 135,211,231? Cause we run a good chunk of it!

Tell ya what. They close 120 and things will really get screwed up. Everyday we are working 135 freight. New England is having problems getting their freight on time. And we're stopping at all the terminals that are supposed to be going to 211 and taking the freight there. This change is really starting to be a big failure now that freight levels are starting to pick up. Although we all knew how screwed up it was,

JUst an update seems freight levels remain kind a high here forced ot has come to a stop but this week might bring something new. currently running 2, 4 or even 6 hours ot everyday some people get in 2 hours early and stay 6 hours over... still real busy couldn't get current last week but it seems 313 was dumping on us a lot.... hope
all is well up there?

Chicago Roadway said:
JUst an update seems freight levels remain kind a high here forced ot has come to a stop but this week might bring something new. currently running 2, 4 or even 6 hours ot everyday some people get in 2 hours early and stay 6 hours over... still real busy couldn't get current last week but it seems 313 was dumping on us a lot.... hope
all is well up there?
Chicago,at 120 the last two weeks we loaded 811,812 and 813 through Sacramento instead of 309. They said we were during that because 309 was blown.Time criticals are to be put in one trailer to help you guys out.

when the change started we were to be 60 drivers off.right now we are 240+off and can't get drivers.when you take 3 spokes out off a wheel what do you get FLOP<FLOP<FLOP anyone hear that they are building a 900 door terminal out side altanta for yellow,roadway,and holland combinded

stacker said:
Chicago,at 120 the last two weeks we loaded 811,812 and 813 through Sacramento instead of 309. They said we were during that because 309 was blown.Time criticals are to be put in one trailer to help you guys out.

Thanks man we where smoked last week...
we run out of everything drivers trucks empties rails and man hours they are pushing 40,000 bills a week 2 years ago we choked on 33,000. they swapped docks ran a new bid and then changed doors about a dozen times . we also have a major project going on in our garage they are double the size of it. maybe even tripling the size its huge.
the word chaos comes to mind... we have no back up doors on one dock its blown and smashed with 120 people around the clock then another dock sitting about 75 YARDDS AWAY SITS HALF EMPTY. there might be more of it coming it seem we are capped on that 40000 bills we can not seem to pass it.
i think that may be our threshhold.. Thanks again it helped a lot...

Chitown
We're loading around 313 Milwaukee. Seems they don't have enough help that shows up when it's hot out to work the dock. Started loading to Toledo and Indy instead. We gave up on loading to 135 awhile ago, seems mismanagement can't make up their minds on the COO. We still send to 309, wish all our freight comes and goes to 309. 313 really is fk'd up. Freight coming inbound all trashed. Our TM was told if he wanted it fixed that he should take on the task. This came from an upper up. I sense the upper rats are scrambling for position. Blue ribbons coming in late and service in the dumper. I lucked out last winter, this year though I will have plenty of time for ice fishing during the week. Better get my tipups ready.

so much for efficiency!
Heres another problem. Sunday, I ran from a New England Terminal of ours, into a New england terminal of Buffalo's. Plan was to have me run buffy's freight for them,again, not the problem, well it is, but....I get to their satellite or whatever its called now a days, nobody knows what I'm doing there. So After 20mins on the phone with buffy they give me back to stroudsburg. OK, heres the problem. Sitting in the Plattsburg yard in 5 trailers for buffy. Stroudsburg, has me take empties to one of our terminals 240 miles away(just brought a set of emties in, 200miles). I asked if they wanted me to drop of a set at Albany, in direct route to where they were sending me, so it could be picked up by a buffy driver, which they turn. Answer, nope its not our freight. No wonder why we can't get anything done on time.

Oh and by the way. The plattsburg guy told me that day, they got no IB freight at all, it was all hung up out west, buffy or oh. NO deliveries, just pickups for that day. NICE CHANGE OF OOPS we got here. yes the second o is suppose to be there.