Yellow | 241 Cincinnati x board call line warning,early am today

COLKID

TB Veteran
Credits
This morning update had direct warning to be extra sure to check 5th wheel connections. Have had recent rash of pulled release handles on ready line & dropped trailers. Would love to see the bass turd or bass turds doing this be caught. What cowards!

This morning update had direct warning to be extra sure to check 5th wheel connections. Have had recent rash of pulled release handles on ready line & dropped trailers. Would love to see the bass turd or bass turds doing this be caught. What cowards!

That type of behavior is EXACTLY what I was referring to on "the plee" thread. There is a small group of so called "teamsters" who don't get it and NEVER will!

This behavior is despicable and will not solve one thing.This reminds me of the UE
positions there were a small bunch of Teamster that would confront the UE person
calling them/I a **** and we are keeping other union persons from working.So point
is: here we go again some IBT members hurting other members in some way over
what the MAN decides,Just wrong!!!!

just like the guys that since the give back work slower and screw off more that's another reason this will end it serves no purpose but keep working less and see what happens when you cant find a yard or city, dock or shuttle job ...........for half the pay and benefits you pay for and really have to work oh wait youd get fired lol in first week

Newpenn had a rash of this also but no teamsters were to blame... faulty hooks and worn out Holland fifth wheels.. Almost every tractor has a note in to check the hook.. They even gave us flashlights to look under into the fifth wheel..I remember they had the same fifth wheels on the dollies at Redstar and the same thing was happening,guys dropping their tail in the compounds.Why is someone all so quick to blame their fellow teamsters..

Newpenn had a rash of this also but no teamsters were to blame... faulty hooks and worn out Holland fifth wheels.. Almost every tractor has a note in to check the hook.. They even gave us flashlights to look under into the fifth wheel..I remember they had the same fifth wheels on the dollies at Redstar and the same thing was happening,guys dropping their tail in the compounds.Why is someone all so quick to blame their fellow teamsters..
exactly! It wouldn't have to do with worn out junk would it?

exactly! It wouldn't have to do with worn out junk would it?

There is a difference between "worn out junk" and "pulled releases."

I remember the video we had to watch, regarding the protruding bolt on specifically numbered Holland gears that were deemed faulty.

Worn out junk doesn't have the handle fully extended in the locked open position.

Wasn't there, didn't witness, just sayin'.

There is a difference between "worn out junk" and "pulled releases."

I remember the video we had to watch, regarding the protruding bolt on specifically numbered Holland gears that were deemed faulty.

Worn out junk doesn't have the handle fully extended in the locked open position.

Wasn't there, didn't witness, just sayin'.
truth! It's a winner.

the saftey guys are told its all ways the drivers fault according to there bosses but yes even safteyguys off therecord say they had some with issues but cinnc a rash of them isn't faulty havnt heard of the problem any more as much as a year ago

If there is no proof that a teamster is doing this then we must assume that it is faulty equipment. We all know the maintenance at this company has been a joke since 2009

It never hurt and doesn't take long to take a fast look at the fifth wheel before moving the unit. At least then you would know if the handle was out or not.

The last time I checked it was the law that you pre trip your unit. If you are doing your job, there would never be a disconnect.

It never hurt and doesn't take long to take a fast look at the fifth wheel before moving the unit. At least then you would know if the handle was out or not.

The last time I checked it was the law that you pre trip your unit. If you are doing your job, there would never be a disconnect.

I caught more than a few not completely hooked in the ready line when I pre-tripped. The bending over exercise when I checked the jaws was good for my body too! That's how I kept that girlish figure Roady mentioned a few days ago! :smile: